Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmduke

September Millington Events

2 posts in this topic

September is a very active month in Millington. The International Goat Days Festival is held September 7th-9th at USA Stadium on Hwy. 51 on the south side of town. It has a quaint county fair feel to it, but it's a good diversion from city life for a day or two. My family and I went on the spur of the moment on a Sunday last year and had a great time. Of course there are all kinds of goats on display, a rodeo, old tractors, stock dog trials, and lots of fair food (best corn dog and freshly squeezed lemonade I ever had).

September 22nd/23rd is the Mid South Airshow at the Millington Airport. Both the Blue Angels and the Canadian Forces Snowbirds will be there along with the Army's Golden Knights parachute team, the Red Baron Pizza Squadron, and Sean Tucker in his Oracle stunt plane among others. These airshows in Millington are very well produced and operated and having both the Blues and the Snowbirds at the same show is a very big deal. It supports several charities and it's a great way to spend a Saturday and Sunday.

The International Goats Days festival sounds interesting, esp. for a interesting and unique day trip.

In regards to the Mid-South Airshow I always have people tell me how awesome it is and how its a must see....sadly I have never been as of yet. Maybe that will change one of these days.