Walter Boasso or Bobby Jindal?

bigboyz05

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jindal, no question between those two. The only other person I have been interested in is Foster Campbell. I know he is a north Louisiana guy, but has anyone heard or looked at his plan to eliminate income tax and get rid of the oil and gas production tax, which was put into effect in the 1920s, and replace it with a oil and gas processing tax? Apparently we barely produce these products anymore, we just process them. I know it sounds pie in the sky, but I would like to see someone take on big oil. He claims it would generate billions in new revenue. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

His plan at FosterCampbell.com

• 2 weeks later...
Jindal, no question between those two. The only other person I have been interested in is Foster Campbell. I know he is a north Louisiana guy, but has anyone heard or looked at his plan to eliminate income tax and get rid of the oil and gas production tax, which was put into effect in the 1920s, and replace it with a oil and gas processing tax? Apparently we barely produce these products anymore, we just process them. I know it sounds pie in the sky, but I would like to see someone take on big oil. He claims it would generate billions in new revenue. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

His plan at FosterCampbell.com

I watched the 4 front-runners in this race debate it out last night at LSU-S (I watched it on video, I wasn't in attendance.) Boasso and Jindal are so at one another's throats that it disgusts me.... the thing that pissed me off the most was, whenever Jindal would make a point Bo-ASS-o would respond with the same damn thing, only worded differently. I caught that on numerous occasions and I wanted to kick Bo-ASS-o in his big melon head.

I watched the 4 front-runners in this race debate it out last night at LSU-S (I watched it on video, I wasn't in attendance.) Boasso and Jindal are so at one another's throats that it disgusts me.... the thing that pissed me off the most was, whenever Jindal would make a point Bo-ASS-o would respond with the same damn thing, only worded differently. I caught that on numerous occasions and I wanted to kick Bo-ASS-o in his big melon head.

• 2 weeks later...

This took me completely by surprise today. I knew he would win, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. I had forgotten about the primary law which has made it possible. This will be good for Louisiana to have a strong leader to move the state forward instead of bickering about whose fault the Katrina debacle was. When will Governor-Elect Jindal take office?

This took me completely by surprise today. I knew he would win, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. I had forgotten about the primary law which has made it possible. This will be good for Louisiana to have a strong leader to move the state forward instead of bickering about whose fault the Katrina debacle was. When will Governor-Elect Jindal take office?

FYI - here's the only thing I've been able to find about Lieutenant Governor. According to Wikipedia, he only received 30% of the vote but was still in second place.

The excerpt:

"Kershaw was defeated in his bid as a Republican candidate for lieutenant governor of Louisiana in the jungle primary on October 20, 2007. He received 375,964 votes (30 percent). The incumbent, Mitch Landrieu, was easily reelected, but Kershaw outpolled a second Republican candidate, State Representative Gary Beard of Baton Rouge, who finished with only 11 percent."

The source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Kershaw

I still think if he'd done free concerts in the 10 largest cities in Louisiana prior to election day he'd have been elected. :P

Archived