Nashville Wiki Page

jice

• 1 month later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok just two more posts, and I am there! I know, I know, I should pay, but I am currently on the college budget. :mellow: One day I will be able to pay society back I promise!

Ok I am going to post again so I have 100. I will start contributing to the Wiki now hooray!

edit: ok so it combined my posts oh well I just need one more

Ok just two more posts, and I am there! I know, I know, I should pay, but I am currently on the college budget. :mellow: One day I will be able to pay society back I promise!

I have been saying that for like almost 3 years now, lol. What can ya do..

Ok I am going to post again so I have 100. I will start contributing to the Wiki now hooray!

edit: ok so it combined my posts oh well I just need one more

Sweet! Always in need of more editors! :thumbsup:

Ok, I added some stuff to the Pinnacle page. Check it out and feel free to change or suggests changes. I just went to the Pinnacle website and started getting some info from there. Hopefully, I will slowly add more stuff to this page and others.

Ok, I added some stuff to the Pinnacle page. Check it out and feel free to change or suggests changes. I just went to the Pinnacle website and started getting some info from there. Hopefully, I will slowly add more stuff to this page and others.

Thanks for the help! I will be updating again someday.. just got a lot goin on at work at the moment.

I also added some more comments on your UserTalk on the wiki.

Not sure how to reply in the user talk thingy. I'll figure it out later. I understand your concerns, and I was wondering the same but mainly about pictures. I'll try to find some info regarding the copyright, and in the mean time I will remove the articles for now.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of a good source to find information (height, # of floors, etc.) on Nashville buildings? I thought about checking out the Main Library for some information, but I don't get to Nashville as often as I would like. I know the Emporis website has some info on it, but I would like a better source if possible. Any thoughts suggestions?

Does anyone know of a good source to find information (height, # of floors, etc.) on Nashville buildings? I thought about checking out the Main Library for some information, but I don't get to Nashville as often as I would like. I know the Emporis website has some info on it, but I would like a better source if possible. Any thoughts suggestions?

Emporis is about as good as you can get with most of that information especially in one place. Maybe some of these other guys have a better suggestion. :)

Good point, jice. I definitely thought about using websites for some of the newer developments, but the older ones usually don't have a website (e. g. AT&T building, at least I don't think). Oh well, my time is pretty limited now a days anyways. I 'll see if I can come up with anything.

Not only the project website (although thats a useful place as well, if available), but websites of the architect who designed it, developer, construction companies, and etc.

Such as the AT&T tower.. Earl Swensson was at least one architect involved, some info can be found on their website (although not much on this one) http://www.esarch.com/

• 10 months later...

most of the info is taken from that list. all the buildings have not been added yet, you can add them to that list. i am actually in the process of doing so though.

the wiki in constantly growing.

I just discovered the wiki building and development pages. I was reviewing some of the building/projects on the list. Thanks for all the past and future hard work you guys have done on this concept. One of the projects I was wanting to read about was the may town center page on your wiki and was surprised to find that you did not have the developers web page maytowncenter.com but had the anti may town center site of bellsbend.org and then listed the anti may town articles from that site. I thought the wiki was meant to provide information about the projects it seems inappropreiate to use anti development sites as a source of information on development. If you go to the maytowncenter.com site it is full of 100's of pages of information proposed for the project being proposed. Can someone get the correct .com referenced. thanks

Thanks for the comments!

The May Town Center project is quite controversial, as we know, and the wiki page was not meant to support one side or another. The newspaper links you mention were found by just browsing news websites.. Tennessean, City Paper, etc.. not by looking at the "anti-maytown" website.

I have updated the wiki to include maytowncenter.com, as you suggested.. the only reason this would not have been included is simply lack of time to work on keeping all the wiki pages up to date.

I do think including bellsbend.org is appropriate as well.. not only for showing the opposing side, but also as a resource of some history of what is currently and previously on the site of the proposed development.

Thanks for the comments!

The May Town Center project is quite controversial, as we know, and the wiki page was not meant to support one side or another. The newspaper links you mention were found by just browsing news websites.. Tennessean, City Paper, etc.. not by looking at the "anti-maytown" website.

I have updated the wiki to include maytowncenter.com, as you suggested.. the only reason this would not have been included is simply lack of time to work on keeping all the wiki pages up to date.

I do think including bellsbend.org is appropriate as well.. not only for showing the opposing side, but also as a resource of some history of what is currently and previously on the site of the proposed development.

I still don't understand why you put bellsbend.org in the history of the project. It is clearly an anti development group (its leadership are nimbyies) who provide no information nor any history of the proposed project. So are you suggesting that wiki should provide anti development information on other projects. It is not unusual for many projects proposed by developers to have neighbors who are against it. What good would that do to "show the opposing view" . Is wiki trying to be political or is it providing information of what developers are proposing or have already built. And I do not see any other projects that note information of what what was on the site before the proposed building was built. It seems you are judging May town center differently than other projects on wiki by showing the opposition site instead of just providing the information of what the developers is proposing. You didn't do this on any of the other projects. I do appreciate the time you and others have spend on what you are doing on wiki but I don't think you understand this double standard.

I still don't understand why you put bellsbend.org in the history of the project. It is clearly an anti development group (its leadership are nimbyies) who provide no information nor any history of the proposed project. So are you suggesting that wiki should provide anti development information on other projects. It is not unusual for many projects proposed by developers to have neighbors who are against it. What good would that do to "show the opposing view" . Is wiki trying to be political or is it providing information of what developers are proposing or have already built. And I do not see any other projects that note information of what what was on the site before the proposed building was built. It seems you are judging May town center differently than other projects on wiki by showing the opposition site instead of just providing the information of what the developers is proposing. You didn't do this on any of the other projects. I do appreciate the time you and others have spend on what you are doing on wiki but I don't think you understand this double standard.

Believe it or not.. there were no ulterior motives behind what was put on the wiki page(s).

I simply just spend some of my free time (what little I have nowadays) looking for links and information related to projects going on around the city, and post them where I feel they fit the best on the wiki.

The idea behind the 'History' section is what I stated earlier.. to provide info on what used to be or is currently on the site of the development. The bellsbend.org website seemed to be a reference to help with this. But obviously, I didnt have the time to spend searching through that website.. otherwise, i would have put more work into the wiki page.. rather than just copying and pasting the link on there.

I am open to suggestions on what you and others feel the wiki page(s) should look like.. and what changes should be made. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

The wiki has been replaced by the new UrbanPlanet Project Database

All the old info has been transferred over.. so check it out.. and contribute anything you can thumbsup.gif

It should actually be a lot easier to help out with now.. because you don't have to understand wiki editing in order to add info to a project page.. but let me know if you need assistance :)

• 1 year later...

Hey Jice, or anyone for the matter. I am trying to attach images to the wiki. However, I get uploads errors when I try to do this. Any suggestions or what is the best way to put pictures in the project pages? Thanks.

Well, that is what I am asking. If I knew it was too big, then I would know why it doesn't work, and considering there isn't any information regarding size limit, I am still unsure. That is why I am asking because I didn't originally see a size limit. I was asking if someone who had experience with the Project Database page, specifically the attachment option, because they changed the format from a "wiki" so the general google search unfortunately isn't going to help.

Nm, I found where they have a Project Database fourm. I will post there, thanks.

Here is the Urbanplanet.org Project Database forum in case anyone else is curious

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/50889-new-feature-project-database/

Archived