Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrFSS

Construction Project off I-74

MrFSS    0

I don't live in Indiana, but happened to drive from Indy to Cincinnati yesterday on I-74. Massive building project on the south side of the interstate near Greensburg. Even looks like a new interchange is being put in. I didn't see any signs saying what it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Rural King    1

That is the new Honda Assembly Plant that you saw under-construction right off I-74. Greensburg landed it last year and it will employ roughly 2000 employees when its in full operation. Indiana beat out Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, and Ohio to land the $550 million dollar plant in what was seen at the time as a pretty big coup for the state.

It will definitely have a huge positive benefit for Greensburg and the region, as it could potentially employ more workers than expected as has been the case with Toyota plant in Princeton, Indiana - plus support plants may locate in the region to service the assembly facility. I was very pleased to learn the state landed it, as Indiana has been struggling with its manufacturing base here of late.

You can read more about it here in a Washington Post story from last year.

MrFSS    0
That is the new Honda Assembly Plant that you saw under-construction right off I-74. Greensburg landed it last year and it will employ roughly 2000 employees when its in full operation. Indiana beat out Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, and Ohio to land the $550 million dollar plant in what was seen at the time as a pretty big coup for the state.

It will definitely have a huge positive benefit for Greensburg and the region, as it could potentially employ more workers than expected as has been the case with Toyota plant in Princeton, Indiana - plus support plants may locate in the region to service the assembly facility. I was very pleased to learn the state landed it, as Indiana has been struggling with its manufacturing base here of late.

You can read more about it here in a Washington Post story from last year.