Rolls Royce jet engines

gs3

Look what I just stumbled on while doing a Google search. :shok:

The rumor of Rolls Royce looking at Upstate is definitely true.....and better yet, they are looking at The Matrix off the Southern Connector. Think there is any coincidence that jet engines use carbon fiber / composite materials and Cytec (who produces carbon fiber / composite materials) is located just blocks away on US 25 and announced their large expansion?

Article below:

http://www.thestate.com/business/story/166068.html

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Many newspapers today don't fact check like they should. The Greenville News is guilty of this it seems, at least weekly.

The good part of this story though, is that the writer spoke with the county council and quoted council members. Those are good solid facts. :thumbsup:

I'm sure now that The State has published this article, the Greenville News will have a follow up article shortly.

Usually potential projects that have codenames to them don't have details like this released so early in the game (at least not a name), but I guess this would be an exception, since we already knew that RR was scouting a site in SC. Now we play the waiting game. Landing this would be nothing short of awesome, especially if combined with Audi/VW in Anderson County and Project Skyline--but it's one thing at a time.

Usually potential projects that have codenames to them don't have details like this released so early in the game (at least not a name), but I guess this would be an exception, since we already knew that RR was scouting a site in SC. Now we play the waiting game. Landing this would be nothing short of awesome, especially if combined with Audi/VW in Anderson County and Project Skyline--but it's one thing at a time.

Any idea if the engines to be tested are for commercial planes or military planes? I get the feeling, from what I've been hearing, the facility Rolls Royce is looking to place in Greenville will manufacture engines for military planes. That is just my opinion, putting two and two together from some things I've heard. :dontknow:

Thanks legend2308 and GE Turbine Man. :thumbsup: Sounds like from what you know, it will be commercial avaition related.

I had heard some info that there is some sort of project going on with Rolls Royce, Lockheed (Greenville operation) and the government. Possible sales to other countries? Don't really know the details, which is why I assumed military :dontknow:

Hopefully RR will make the official announcement soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived