Rolls Royce jet engines

gs3

Take it at face value, but it seems to be a good sign....

I struck up conversation with my seat mate on my flight back home yesterday and he said he was in the "aviation industry". I mentioned the Rolls Royce possibility and he smiled a knowing smile and said he was "very aware" of the project. His expression was one of "I know more, but have to keep my lips sealed". I didn't push. We'll see soon enough..........

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take it at face value, but it seems to be a good sign....

I struck up conversation with my seat mate on my flight back home yesterday and he said he was in the "aviation industry". I mentioned the Rolls Royce possibility and he smiled a knowing smile and said he was "very aware" of the project. His expression was one of "I know more, but have to keep my lips sealed". I didn't push. We'll see soon enough..........

The next time you are faced with this situation, threaten to open the emergency exit (in midflight) unless he spills the beans. Also mention that you missed your meds today.

If that doesn't work, consider resorting to the 'grab,pull,twist,squeeze' technique often advised to women regarding self defense.

The next time you are faced with this situation, threaten to open the emergency exit (in midflight) unless he spills the beans. Also mention that you missed your meds today.

If that doesn't work, consider resorting to the 'grab,pull,twist,squeeze' technique often advised to women regarding self defense.

• 1 month later...

Too bad about RR. Some interesting excerpts from today's article:

They said South Carolina walked away from the negotiations after Rolls-Royce decided to put the passenger plane engine plant -- the larger part of the project -- in Singapore, leaving on the table only the smaller piece that went to Virginia...

"Our job is to be good stewards of the taxpayer dollars," Ellenberg said. "And at the point in time that the project shrank, it was not a good deal for the taxpayers. The return was not there."

I have my doubts that any major announcements (commitments) will be made in the current economic climate. It's pretty amazing to me the number of announced project that are moving forward - particularly in the banking industry. I suspect that the economy will need a turnaround before we get major announcements coming down the pike again.

Just my two cents.

I have my doubts that any major announcements (commitments) will be made in the current economic climate. It's pretty amazing to me the number of announced project that are moving forward - particularly in the banking industry. I suspect that the economy will need a turnaround before we get major announcements coming down the pike again.

Just my two cents.

Archived