numstead

New Embassy Suites - Hilton Garden Inn - Monroe North

366 posts in this topic

I thought i knew (and was a little stunned that CK knew also) till i read this part:

The location is next door to a place where they make a hearty breakfast (for now).

Now i have no clue.

Isn't Sundance Grill in the building at Ottawa & Pearl?

Yes, but how does that help with the clues? Are you thinking Lyon & Ottawa? And what has literally "fallen through" at L&O like he mentions?

I think it has something to do with 50 Monroe. Didn't a large smokestack "fall through" the building when Pitsch Demolition was renovating the original two structures? Does TGIF serve breakfast? Or Leo's?

According to TGIF (the website) it doesn't open until 11am. I do remember a large smokestack from early pictures before the new facade.

At least the obvious is the project will be an interesting nine-story tower. It also sounds like this 'hearty breakfast' is in jeopardy ... :dontknow:

Edited by Rizzo

Yes, but how does that help with the clues? Are you thinking Lyon & Ottawa? And what has literally "fallen through" at L&O like he mentions?

I think it has something to do with 50 Monroe. Didn't a large smokestack "fall through" the building when Pitsch Demolition was renovating the original two structures? Does TGIF serve breakfast? Or Leo's?

Where else besides Sundance can you get a big breakfast? Red Gerranium is closed.

These are logical sites, IMO based on developability and recent buzz (not necessarily the clues)...

-Lyon & Ottawa

-Monroe & Louis

-Calder Plaza

-Hinman Triangle (Fulton/Louis/Ionia)

-Fulton & Sheldon

Edited by golscorer4

Does Mezz Cafe do Breakfast?

The lot behind San Chez?

Yes, I think Mezze does. "Hearty breakfast" could be alluding to "Heartside breakfast".

I wonder what "smart site" is referring to?

is there anywhere to get breakfast near WAM building... roof has fallen through...

Not to add more riddles, but think of a different sort of breakfast and y'all will have it. There are three obvious clues that give it away, but they only seem obvious once you know.

I'd give more info, but I'm waiting for the Oracle to tell me if indeed I cracked his riddle. ;)

Joe

is there anywhere to get breakfast near WAM building... roof has fallen through...

Dosen't Founders sell a beer called Hearty Breakfast or somthing like that? They are moving....

Not to add more riddles, but think of a different sort of breakfast and y'all will have it. There are three obvious clues that give it away, but they only seem obvious once you know.

I'd give more info, but I'm waiting for the Oracle to tell me if indeed I cracked his riddle. ;)

Joe

As in a hearty breakfast stout, and there was the "(for now)", WAM is right next to Founder's (for now) and the roof has fallen through... but what do I know.

And what type of zone is Monroe North in?

As in a hearty breakfast stout, and there was the "(for now)", WAM is right next to Founder's (for now) and the roof has fallen through... but what do I know.

I was thinking the proposed LMCU location (next to Red Geranium...closing), but I think the WAM site is dead on.

Time and again we've seen ideas floated for this smart site.

"Floated" = near the river, smart = ren zone?

Edited by Rhino6885

Also, visual aide:

Breakfast_4Pack_Side.jpg

Or, just a Smart Zone. Not that anybody ever talks about the fact it exists. ;)

I was thinking the proposed LMCU location (next to Red Geranium...closing), but I think the WAM site is dead on.

"Floated" = near the river, smart = ren zone?

Ahh, the WAM. Didn't The WAM have that nine to 10 story tower included? I believe our good Irish Twins lost interest in the property, maybe even unloaded it?

Or, just a Smart Zone. Not that anybody ever talks about the fact it exists. ;)

So, are we talking a tech or science company?

Good sleuthing gents, its gotta be the WAM site.

I've gone a step further with my prognostication, but like Joe I'm waiting to hear back from "the Oracle".

Edited by golscorer4

I'm not saying that. Monroe North is part of a "Smart Zone":

http://www.wmsti.org

SmartZones provide distinct geographical locations where technology-based firms, entrepreneurs and researchers can locate in close proximity to all of the community assets that will assist in their endeavors. The locations of the Michigan SmartZones represent areas that comprise a critical mass of technology development

Six or seven years ago, they had a big emphasis on Internet. Now it seems to be aimed almost exclusively towards Medical Research. In my opinion though, you never hear about the benefits of it. Maybe it doesn't offer nearly as much to entice companies like the Ren Zones do. :dontknow:

Joe

So, are we talking a tech or science company?

"Time and again," "Only Time Will tell," "carefully reads"

I got it! The New York Times is moving to GR!!

Seriously, it's driving me nuts now.

I did too Golscorer. Rhino almost has the other part too. Take a Second stab at it Rhino. ;)

Joe

Good sleuthing gents, its gotta be the WAM site.

I've gone a step further with my prognostication, but like Joe I'm waiting to hear back from "the Oracle".

I did too Golscorer. Rhino almost has the other part too. Take a Second stab at it Rhino. ;)

Joe

I think we're thinking the same thing, if so, and if we're correct, Rhino is close.

Nice riddle. I wonder if these hotel developers have had preliminary plans drawn up by Workstage?

I'm going to have to temper my excitement until this gets a little further along.