New Embassy Suites - Monroe North

numstead

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny this should get a 'bump' yesterday.  I had somebody walk into my office yesterday telling me they just got out of a meeting with the builders set to order some steel that will be ready for delivery around April next year.  He told me he had some drawings he would be willing to pass along, I'm still waiting for that email.

1 hour ago, mielsonwheels said:

Funny this should get a 'bump' yesterday.  I had somebody walk into my office yesterday telling me they just got out of a meeting with the builders set to order some steel that will be ready for delivery around April next year.  He told me he had some drawings he would be willing to pass along, I'm still waiting for that email.

Cue more hold music! :)

On 12/15/2016 at 4:07 PM, ctpgr34 said:

According to the Building Permit that is in Review with the city (filed on 10/19/16), Anticipated Construction Start Date of 1/2/17.  Keyword, Anticipated.  Not sure how accurate these are or if they just have to throw a date out there.  They did start the process though on 10/19.

I looked at this document more in depth and it states that they paid over $26k in building plan review fees on 10/20/16. Would they pay this if they were not moving forward? I don't build buildings everyday so I don't know if that is a big amount or not.  Also has an estimated opening date of 6/1/18.

7 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

I looked at this document more in depth and it states that they paid over $26k in building plan review fees on 10/20/16. Would they pay this if they were not moving forward? I don't build buildings everyday so I don't know if that is a big amount or not.  Also has an estimated opening date of 6/1/18.

OMG they're going to build the hotel. WTF guys. :) 

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

April 1st isn't for another 3 and a half months.

Haha. :) Why would you guys think it's NOT getting built? Construction drawings submitted to the city, all the alley easements have been acquired, building permits obtained, site fenced off, construction trailer on site, property owned by the developer. 

I'd say it's happening. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, mielsonwheels said:

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office all last week which is when the drawings were sent to me.

NoSection_104 0 SET B A2 1 BLDG ELEV.pdf

NoSection_105 0 SET B A2 2 BLDG ELEV.pdf

NoSection_106 0 SET B A2 3 BLDG ELEV.pdf

Thanks mielsonwheels!

So it looks like the dual hotel branding is gone? Wonder if the HGI is being courted by another development? (Hinman, Studio C?)

It's probably picky of me but it seems like the "towers" at the ends should be as high as the center vertical elements. 

32076257765_6883611fae_o.jpg

32076361215_bc002553f1_b.jpg

Otherwise it's not the worst looking building in the world. Let's hope they use the same material finishes as the hotel in Holland. 

And a suburban hotel ye shall get. :( I like the original plans from way back much better. 

What would be a good example of a fiber cement exterior? I'm thinking it looks like EIFS but hope I'm wrong. 

@GRJohn I liked the idea of watching the Lions on the rooftop too. Maybe they re-evaluated the plan after they realized the liability of fans throwing themselves off the building? LOL. 

Joe

Archived