Baton Rouge Single Family Developments

dan326

• 2 months later...

https://www.businessreport.com/article/news-roundup-new-subdivision-works-near-old-hammond-airline-highways-restaurant-depot-open-baton-rouge-facility-next-month-cou-yons-listed-best-bb

Will you be my neighbor?: With plans to develop a 75-lot subdivision, local developers Brandon Dodson and Jonathan Starns of Lynn Levy Land Company have bought nearly 15 acres near Old Hammond and Airline highways for $1.4 million. Construction for the neighborhood, which will be similar to the nearby St. Regis, is expected to begin in the next three weeks and wrap up before the end of the year, weather permitting. Home sizes and price points have not yet been determined.

I'm guessing this is the spot.

Untitled.png

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

Thanks for the visuals Dan :shades:....  no longer in Microsoft; but Linux instead....can't remember how to Cut out section of Map like you just did ....

Yep your Red boundary appears to be correct.   Pretty much the last undeveloped (wooded) spot in that area. It was only a matter of time. But it has taken awhile...wonder if it will have a Single- entrance like St.Regis?

Wonder when the Red Stick Lofts 2nd phase will start  across the street from Old Hammond Hwy ?

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

So how do y'all interpret this? Looking at the other places on the list, it doesn't look like we're keeping good company.  As I've been looking at houses around BR I thought they were overpriced. I know we have natural barriers like the rivers and a lack of an interstate north of the city as well as hurricanes like Katrina but still.  I know its not politically correct but I guess the inflated prices is considered a premium tacked on to keep certain demographics from entering the neighborhood. That as well as these being industrial places.

Baton Rouge tops nation for underwater mortgages in Q2

DAILY REPORT STAFF
AUGUST 9, 2018

Baton Rouge had the highest share of underwater properties last quarter among the largest 97 metropolitan areas in the country, according to a report released this morning by ATTOM Data Solutions.

Nationwide, more than 5.5 million properties in the nation—or one in every 10—were underwater, meaning the combined estimated balance of loans secured for the property was at least 25% higher than the property’s estimated market value.

At 21%, Baton Rouge had the highest share of underwater properties, followed by Toledo, Ohio; Scranton, Pennsylvania; Youngstown, Ohio; and New Orleans—where 18.9% of properties were underwater.

Among all U.S. states, Louisiana also had the highest share of underwater properties, at 21.7%. Illinois had the second highest, at 18.5%; followed by Missouri, 17.8%; Mississippi, 16.8%; Ohio, 16.2%.

“The share of seriously underwater properties has dropped well below 10 percent in bellwether housing markets such as California, Washington, Texas, Colorado and New York, but the underwater rate remains stubbornly high in markets where price appreciation has not been as strong during the housing recovery of the last six years,” says Daren Blomquist, senior vice president with ATTOM Data Solutions.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/one-in-10-us-properties-seriously-underwater-in-q2-2018-300694417.html

https://www.businessreport.com/article/baton-rouge-top-nation-underwater-mortgages-q2

Edited by dan326

New Shell station planned for S. Acadian Thruway, near St. Joseph’s Academy

HOLLY DUCHMANN
AUGUST 10, 2018

A new Shell gas station and convenience store is being planned for the corner of South Acadiana Thruway and Broussard Street, near the campus of St. Joseph’s Academy.

The timeline for the store isn’t finalized, but owner Gurdic Singh Dillon says construction should start sometime next year. The gas station will be “upscale,” similar to a RaceTra

I'm guessing this'll be abutting the DLSD subdivision to the north.

New development coming to Burbank by South Kenilworth

HOLLY DUCHMANN
AUGUST 17, 2018

A 33.5-acre subdivision is in the works for south Baton Rouge. CSRS engineers and project manager Joseph Yarbrough, who are involved with the project, could not reached before deadline for more information.

The tract needs to be rezoned from rural to residential, and is proposed to be split for residential building on lots around 6,250 square feet, according to the rezoning application.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/multiple-new-developments-coming-burbank-south-kenilworth

Funny comments & have to agree(been saying this)...they throw up these subdivisions &  build glorified retention ponds & give them names....LOL...Here is the first from Longtooth..." They could name the development "Retention Pond Hollow" or "Un Entrée Faux Chateaux" :lol:

Interesting to see new subdivisions  going up along Bayou Fountain  with large rectangular retention ponds abutting it. Only a very thin sliver of land separating the bodies of water.:shades:

A lot of that area to the South/SW is low land & swampy....Bayou Fountain/Elbow Bayou still has a thick tree canopy...

Interesting to see the new 4 -lane Pelican Lakes Parkway winding into a wider median dead end...looks like it could be extended into future development into that thick tree canopy

Help me out Dan...where exactly is  DLSD again? 

• 2 months later...

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_2061d1f8-dbc0-11e8-834e-1b48815b2436.html

Developer seeks approval for Burbank mixed-use development that would impact wetlands

A Baton Rouge development group is seeking Army Corps of Engineers approval to build a mixed-use development on the corner of Burbank Drive and South Kenilworth Parkway, a project that would impact wetlands.

Two Blind Mice, LLC is seeking approval to place 97,000 cubic yards of fill on the site to achieve required grade elevations, according to a public notice from the Army Corps of Engineers.

The development would involve 57 residential lots, a strip mall and a fast food restaurant, according to the notice.

Edited by dan326

• 5 weeks later...

RaceTrac buys land on Millerville Road for $1.1M

HOLLY DUCHMANN
NOVEMBER 28, 2018

Further continuing its expansion in the Baton Rouge market, RaceTrac purchased a 1.4-acre tract off Millerville Road through its holding company, according to sales documents.

Mountainprize Inc., a Georgia corporation, bought the property at 3275 Millerville Road for $1.1 million. The seller is listed as MDKCT LLC, whose registered agent and officer is listed as Mostafa Khosravanipour.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/racetrac-subsidiary-buys-land-millerville-road-1-1m

Oh no! How many RaceTracs do we really need? We got 2 on O'Neal, 1 on Sherwood and 1 on Harrell's Ferry.

This location is on the south-east corner near Forest Park where that restaurant turned car repair shop is.

9 hours ago, richyb83 said:

No kiddin' huh Dan...the amount of new Race Tracs being built is INSANE! :unsure:Hopefully they're not biting off more than they can chew!

Surprised this was put in Single Family Residential thread...:huh:

Whoops, lol! I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Think this new Hickory Creek subdivision that's ready to go  flooded in 16'.  Where in the world did they come up w that name?   Will  this will be similar to other Old Hammond Hwy. subdivisions to the East of Millerville Rd.... Sedona Pines; Hammond Manor & Maple Leaf??

DSLD Homes buys 33 lots off Old Hammond Highway for new subdivision

https://www.businessreport.com/article/dsld-homes-buys-33-lots-off-old-hammond-highway-new-subdivision

I was wondering what type of neighborhood that would be, at prices below $200,000 in BR it'll probably be monopoly homes although DSLD always does a good job. Of course, the fact they're flood prone probably factors into the lower price.

You know the naming convention: species name + natural feature, lol!

Edited by dan326

• 7 months later...
On 12/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, dan326 said:

I was wondering what type of neighborhood that would be, at prices below $200,000 in BR it'll probably be monopoly homes although DSLD always does a good job. Of course, the fact they're flood prone probably factors into the lower price.

You know the naming convention: species name + natural feature, lol!

I drive by since they've started building and it's actually pretty nice. I guess the price probably factored in the low elevation and immediate surroundings.

• 3 weeks later...

This would be big!   Filling up most (87 acre) of the old Sherwood Forest CC/ Golf Course; Adding 280 new homes ; Lots will be 2/3 Size of the older surrounding neighborhood.

Curious about the other 45 acres around the club and the goal is to build “a world-class development.”??

ONLY one entrance w Bridge over Jones Creek?

Residents concerned about development on former Sherwood Forest golf course site

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_71233fca-b3c7-11e9-8038-9bb9dd721b5c.html

image.png.8cf03eb06ef75a0edf5ffe0322fd95d4.png

Lol! @ "world class"; which isn't to say it won't be nice but I think they're stretching it considering how people also like to cost engineer. I guess they'll be adding  new light or else the traffic  will be all backed up trying to get out of there.

Edited by dan326

• 4 months later...

DSLD Homes buys 50 lots near Burbank and Cordova in Baton Rouge for $2.5M

The Cottages at University Villas is a 4-acre townhome development near the intersection of Burbank Drive and Cordova Avenue. The small planned unit development was approved by the Metro Council in November 2018.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_8ccfb676-210f-11ea-82c4-e3012cfb8ca8.html

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dantin Bruce plans 52-lot infill subdivision by Parkview Baptist Church

Brian Dantin and Ross Bruce, of Dantin Bruce Development, are planning to develop a 52-lot infill subdivision off Sherwood Forest Boulevard and Old Jefferson Highway. 

The pair bought 13 acres of undeveloped land nestled between Parklawn Park and Parkview subdivision. Dantin said it was the property’s central location coupled with the growth that Old Jefferson Highway has seen the last few years that sparked their interest in the property. 

“It’s very hard to find infill in Baton Rouge,” Dantin says. 

They plan to begin clearing the land in January. The two have not made a final decision on pricing for the houses. 

The development team is currently working on installing infrastructure at Bellegrove Square, the residential portion of a mixed-use development in the works near Bluebonnet Boulevard and Burbank Drive. Dantin and Bruce bought that nearly 30-acre property last year with plans to build 117 homes priced in the mid-$200,000s.

https://www.businessreport.com/realestate/dantin-bruce-plans-52-lot-infill-subdivision-by-parkview-baptist-church

• 1 month later...

Knoll Creek subdivision proposed for Shenandoah

Knoll Creek, a proposed major single-family residential subdivision, is being planned near Bankers Lane and Indigo Ridge Avenue in Shenandoah, according to documents filed with the Planning Commission.

As envisioned, the 10-acre tract would feature at least six lots, each of which would average 6,000 square feet. It’s not immediately clear how many lots would ultimately be included in the development, though it could top 30. 

https://www.businessreport.com/realestate/knoll-creek-subdivision-proposed-for-shenandoah

• 4 months later...