Baton Rouge Single Family Developments

dan326

19 hours ago, mr. bernham said:

God...why can't these developments build a angel love street grid that doesn't lead to huge traffic jams. One entrance/exit? 

Would you invest in property within a subdivision with connections that could be built into a low income apartment complex at any time?   

The lack of planning destroys confidence that neighboring developments will match the context of the existing community.   Atlanta is the same way.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

Would you invest in property within a subdivision with connections that could be built into a low income apartment complex at any time?   
The lack of planning destroys confidence that neighboring developments will match the context of the existing community.   Atlanta is the same way.
Honestly the dynamic of having low income housing close by is one of the greatest things I love about my neighborhood. But I don't think that's a popular line of thought for people. But I would definitely not invest in a one entrance subdivision.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 9/7/2017 at 1:26 PM, Antrell Williams said:

Honestly the dynamic of having low income housing close by is one of the greatest things I love about my neighborhood. But I don't think that's a popular line of thought for people. But I would definitely not invest in a one entrance subdivision.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What kind of dynamic?

• 4 weeks later...

Gated subdivision planned for Staring Lane

SAM KARLIN | @samkarlin
OCTOBER 3, 2017

A 90-unit gated subdivision called Fieldstone Park is planned for Staring Lane in south Baton Rouge, with the developers hoping to begin building out the 15-acre tract early next year.

The property is midway between Highland and Perkins roads, and the planning commission will consider the subdivision at its November meeting.

from the Business Report

The Staring Lane corridor should almost be filled-up with this new subdivision.  Hmmm...Gated...Nothing Gated around the vicinity that i know of...interesting.

Always thought Boone Drive was interesting;  it's in three different segments that do not connect. From Staring to Kenilworth...then in Woodstone/Sunset Blvd....but not connecting to Lee  Drive

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 9:46 PM, richyb83 said:

The Staring Lane corridor should almost be filled-up with this new subdivision.  Hmmm...Gated...Nothing Gated around the vicinity that i know of...interesting.

Always thought Boone Drive was interesting;  it's in three different segments that do not connect. From Staring to Kenilworth...then in Woodstone/Sunset Blvd....but not connecting to Lee  Drive

Gated often means that they'll try to charge more for the housing than in the surrounding area.   

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering what was up with this development. EDIT: In some way BR is like a microcosm of Atlanta with all these single entrance developments. Seems kind of strange but I guess it's similar to what they did on the corner of Lobdell and Goodwood. Still kind of disappointed they didn't build the Madison as planned.

Rezoning sought for Artisan Hill site development

A Baton Rouge homebuilder is seeking rezoning for the stalled Artisan Hill development on Jefferson Highway, near Bluebonnet Boulevard, to build single-family houses.

Scott Bardwell is set to go before the city-parish Planning Commission on Jan. 16 with a request to rezone the 4.3-acre Artisan Hill site from 22 townhome lots to 16 single-family home lots.

Artisan Hill was originally planned as a 40-unit condominium development in 2005. Construction on the property started in 2008 as a townhome development. Three years later American Gateway Bank obtained the property from a customer who gave up the property as payment on debt.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_3f722324-d949-11e7-aeca-ab41ae9934d7.html

artisan hhill.png

Edited by dan326

https://www.businessreport.com/article/news-roundup-level-building-145-lot-subdivision-plaquemine-city-parish-plan-government-committee-meeting-wednesday-youtube-hiring-10k-workers-curb-shady-videos

Going up: Level Construction has purchased a 45-acre tract off Enterprise Boulevard in Plaquemine for a new residential subdivision. Homes in the 145-lot development, going up near the Iberville Charter Academy School, will range in price from $220,000 to $290,000. Construction is expected to tentatively start in eight months. Nick Fakouri, the seller, was represented by Steve Legendre of Sperry Van Ness | Graham, Langlois & Legendre. Tigue Bonneval of Audubon Real Estate Associates, a division of Beau Box Real Estate, represented Level.

I would say there can't possibly be anymore land left in Goodwood but I'm sure they can find some.

Developers plan to revive stalled residential project near Towne Center

Mike Hogstrom, of Onsite Design, is partnering with Arless Hutchinson, who owns the property at Old Hammond Highway and Carter Avenue, to develop 22 residential lots on around four acres for a new development called Arless. 
“(That area) has been very good to us,” says Hogstrom, whose firm is also building Adelia at Goodwood, an upscale development on Goodwood Boulevard. “We’re able to offer new construction in an area of town where there’s not a lot of that going on.”8.

The average lot size will be around 4,500 to 5,000 square feet, Hogstrom says, and the average home price will be in the low $600,000 range. The average lot will cost around $150,000.

The land, which is located between Towne Center and Old Hammond Highway Park, was slated for a residential project called Fair Day Estates, which called for much larger lots but hasn’t taken off since it was announced several years ago. Hogstrom says the only access point will be from Old Hammond Highway and he will work to preserve the live oak trees on the property.

arless.png

Edited by dan326

On 12/5/2017 at 8:43 AM, dan326 said:

I was wondering what was up with this development. EDIT: In some way BR is like a microcosm of Atlanta with all these single entrance developments. Seems kind of strange but I guess it's similar to what they did on the corner of Lobdell and Goodwood. Still kind of disappointed they didn't build the Madison as planned.

Rezoning sought for Artisan Hill site development

A Baton Rouge homebuilder is seeking rezoning for the stalled Artisan Hill development on Jefferson Highway, near Bluebonnet Boulevard, to build single-family houses.

Scott Bardwell is set to go before the city-parish Planning Commission on Jan. 16 with a request to rezone the 4.3-acre Artisan Hill site from 22 townhome lots to 16 single-family home lots.

Artisan Hill was originally planned as a 40-unit condominium development in 2005. Construction on the property started in 2008 as a townhome development. Three years later American Gateway Bank obtained the property from a customer who gave up the property as payment on debt.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_3f722324-d949-11e7-aeca-ab41ae9934d7.html

artisan hhill.png

Too hard to get a mortgage in Baton Rouge for a condo.    Not sure if there is a local regulatory problem or what, but it needs to change ASAP.

Any multi-family that is built in Baton Rouge will likely be rental.   

Edited by cajun

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, dan326 said:

I would say there can't possibly be anymore land left in Goodwood but I'm sure they can find some.

Developers plan to revive stalled residential project near Towne Center

Mike Hogstrom, of Onsite Design, is partnering with Arless Hutchinson, who owns the property at Old Hammond Highway and Carter Avenue, to develop 22 residential lots on around four acres for a new development called Arless. 
“(That area) has been very good to us,” says Hogstrom, whose firm is also building Adelia at Goodwood, an upscale development on Goodwood Boulevard. “We’re able to offer new construction in an area of town where there’s not a lot of that going on.”8.

The average lot size will be around 4,500 to 5,000 square feet, Hogstrom says, and the average home price will be in the low $600,000 range. The average lot will cost around $150,000.

The land, which is located between Towne Center and Old Hammond Highway Park, was slated for a residential project called Fair Day Estates, which called for much larger lots but hasn’t taken off since it was announced several years ago. Hogstrom says the only access point will be from Old Hammond Highway and he will work to preserve the live oak trees on the property.

arless.png

Plenty of interesting little residential nooks around this upscale area of BR ...thanks for the graphics Dan :thumbsup:

A few blocks to the east (of red ) on the southside of Old Hammond the proposed Brentwood Park is  drawing some heat from nearby residences.   3 lots will be taken to make a 13 unit development...not sure what exactly this will be? Like E'tage Gardens off Government in Old Goodwood?   The single entrance would be next to the lil' swurve on Brentwood Drive

Development near Baton Rouge Country Club heads to Metro Council despite neighbors' complaints

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_3c84eb66-15c0-11e8-b1eb-bf9077936dcb.html

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're going to finish developing the Red Stick Lofts. I wonder if they are going to build the houses in the same style?

Single-family development planned on Old Hammond

Preliminary plans are in the works for a single-family residential development at Old Hammond Highway and Carolyn Sue Drive, just off Airline Highway.

Villas at Red Stick would consist of 32 two-story homes with each having at least 1,500 square feet of living space, says developer German Hernandez. The plan is to build the development in two stages, with 16 houses in each stage.

Hernandez and his brother, Mauricio Hernandez, are co-owners of A-Digital/Habitat Digital Design & Construction Group, a Baton Rouge-based company that has designed and built homes in the Settlement at Willow Grove and the Country Club Estates in Baton Rouge as well as in Cottages on the Green in Lafayette, among other areas.

The houses in the Villas at Red Stick would tentatively cost around $200,000—though that’s subject to change, Hernandez says.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^I drove by there yesterday. The houses built so far look nice. Hopefully they renovate the old house well. Here's an interesting article about the Kleinpeter house in Willow Grove. I didn't know it was so old, built in 1820.

https://www.inregister.com/homes/kleinpeter-house

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool Dan...like them preserving history & making it the center piece of these developments.:shades:

Wish they would re-visit this  Tropical Village-style development like this one that was slated to be built in Shenandoah  off Jones Creek Rd. near Woodlawn Middle school; several years ago.  If not that location...somewhere on BR

image.png.4ba0eed4a79dc97b9d78991024d95108.png

On 5/2/2018 at 8:12 PM, richyb83 said:

That's cool Dan...like them preserving history & making it the center piece of these developments.:shades:

Wish they would re-visit this  Tropical Village-style development like this one that was slated to be built in Shenandoah  off Jones Creek Rd. near Woodlawn Middle school; several years ago.  If not that location...somewhere on BR

image.png.4ba0eed4a79dc97b9d78991024d95108.png

Speaking of ....The location for this proposal  for the Village-type development that was never built....now has NEW Plans instead...

VINTAGE PLACE..... Currently Under Construction.....

https://www.bardwellhomes.com/community/vintage-place

image.png.682f929ed9dee5c86de8095ffaaf6c41.png

Several other small Residential Infill pockets  are also Under Construction in the Shenandoah area...Wish i had all of their names ; 3 or 4?

Edited by richyb83