Perimeter Mall

atlforlife

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

With the massive growth in particular on metro Atlanta's northside, and a population estimated to hit 7 million in about 12 years, I think Perimeter Mall is trying to position itself eventually to be like Lenox and Phipps.

It is of particular interest that General Growth Properties which owns Perimeter Mall and NorthPoint Mall among others in the metro area are in talks with Tiffany & Co., Louis Vuitton, and Gucci to locate boutiques in their mall.

But can Atlanta support having two of each of these retailers as Tiffany & Co. and Gucci are located in Phipps Plaza and Louis Vuitton is located in Lenox Square with both malls located right across the street from each other in Buckhead and owned by mega mall conglomarite Simon Properties.

• 2 months later...

According to the Perimeter Mall website, high-end shoe retailer Stuart Weitzman is coming soon to the mall. This is big for Perimeter, as Stuart Weitzman has very few markets in which they operate more than one store. The Perimeter store will be the second, the first being the existing store located in Lenox.

GGP, the manager of Perimeter, said that they are not renewing leases of some of the non-chain stores in hopes of continuing to attract high-end retailers. With Sharper Image closing its doors, the lower level of the Crate and Barrel wing will have several high-profile vacancies. Hopefully Perimeter will continue to thrive with new retailers!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has been r

zara.jpgeported that this Fall, ZARA will open a second Atlanta area store. Where, you might ask, will this new ZARA open? Perimeter is the most likely mall for the store. With the recent closure of the old Victoria's Secret at Perimeter, this location makes the most sense. It has been updated that the store is coming to Perimeter mall you can visit the mall website for more details

Zara is not all that great to me. I think its cool that they are ALREADY adding a 2nd store but I didn't think the one in Lenox was all that. And they are right next to freakin Neiman's and across from Calvin Klien. They could have put this overpriced H&M somwhere else, like where the Ralph lauren was. And why would they put them in such an exclusive spot in Lenox if there is like 1000 worldwide. But this isn't the lenox thread so.........

Just to let you guys know, Stuart Weitzman is now open on the Nordstrom wing. :)

And I just wanted to point out that I find it interesting that Atlanta is going through this two boutique business with the addition of MetroPark, Stuart Weitzman, ZARA, and Betsy Johnson at Perimeter.

It seems General Growth Properties is trying thier best to create another, yet less intense luxury version of Lenox and Phipps.

Also COACH is expanding thier boutique as well, and it is great that Victoria's Secret has taken the empty Crate & Barrel space for a flagship store and also possibly including thier new concept VSX.

Now what to do with the vacant Shaper Image space. Any suggestions?, possibly an A/X Armani Exchange, French Connection, or Custo Barcelona just to name a few?

Archived