Hartford nightlife

Lowerdeck

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BT is also coming middle of October. It's just on a Friday night, therefore ends at 2 am, therefore might be a struggle to stay awake and see the whole show then drive an hour plus home afterwards. (Last night was fun, stopping at the Exit 71 truck stop to pick up Red Bull, then killing a can on the way home to try not and zone out/fall asleep.)

I've only been listening to the electronic music (mostly trance, not a strong fan of house) for about a year or two now, still don't call myself an expert by any means. But it's good to see big names coming to Hartford. Closer to home and earlier closing hours than NYC.

BT is also coming middle of October. It's just on a Friday night, therefore ends at 2 am, therefore might be a struggle to stay awake and see the whole show then drive an hour plus home afterwards. (Last night was fun, stopping at the Exit 71 truck stop to pick up Red Bull, then killing a can on the way home to try not and zone out/fall asleep.)

I've only been listening to the electronic music (mostly trance, not a strong fan of house) for about a year or two now, still don't call myself an expert by any means. But it's good to see big names coming to Hartford. Closer to home and earlier closing hours than NYC.

Personally, I would go to Blu on a Sunday night. :shades: But I'll assume that's not most you guys' kind of party.

You were on the opposite side of Downtown from where most of the bars and clubs are currenlty located. That area is were some nightlife should spring up if Front Street ever gets built though. They are now centered around Asylum, Pratt, and Ann Streets with 960 on Main St. in close proximately to the Civic Center. You also have the Emperor on Main and Capitol in SODO. The nightlife is decent in and around Hartford, but the look of most of the clubs is not as hip or edgy as I would like to see. The local scene is dominated by House, Techno, and Trance which I'm not familiar with and Hip Hop and Reggae. There's also some places that feature Jazz from time to time like The Russell on Pratt St. I don't think we have much of a live music scene as far as Rock or what not, but I probably woulnd't know about it even if we did. So I suppose I could be wrong.

Personally, I would go to Blu on a Sunday night. :shades: But I'll assume that's not most you guys' kind of party.

You were on the opposite side of Downtown from where most of the bars and clubs are currenlty located. That area is were some nightlife should spring up if Front Street ever gets built though. They are now centered around Asylum, Pratt, and Ann Streets with 960 on Main St. in close proximately to the Civic Center. You also have the Emperor on Main and Capitol in SODO. The nightlife is decent in and around Hartford, but the look of most of the clubs is not as hip or edgy as I would like to see. The local scene is dominated by House, Techno, and Trance which I'm not familiar with and Hip Hop and Reggae. There's also some places that feature Jazz from time to time like The Russell on Pratt St. I don't think we have much of a live music scene as far as Rock or what not, but I probably woulnd't know about it even if we did. So I suppose I could be wrong.

You're all right- Sunday night is tough. Allyn Street has the PourHouse and Agave, and further down the street there are a few more. Asylum has a few too. They are somewhat spread out. Maybe we need a bar shuttle? :rolleyes:

They have the BEST block parties on Allyn- one next friday and and Ocktoberfest as well... 960 is great when you are in the mood for that scene, but there are definetly other places in town.

Archived