New Bus Station Downtown

Director of Transit Service reported a new facility is needed because bus station in downtown is getting difficult to get out and in the between McDaniel Street and Park Central West.

CU is getting "squeezed for space" there, she said, and would like to find a roomier location downtown for the new station.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Director of Transit Service reported a new facility is needed because bus station in downtown is getting difficult to get out and in the between McDaniel Street and Park Central West.

After CU approved a new location, there will be new design for bus station... construction will be possible begin next year.

I think this is great idea to relocating bus station because it's so small area for bus station for like this century now.

I wouldn't predict any where it could be. Anyone?

This idea had been talked about. It was a proposed City of Springfield/City Utilities of Springfield partnership in which the City would pay for the parking garage and CU would pay for the bus terminal. This whole deal fell through though, and will not proceed as such.

CU is on its own now. I hope that they still choose a good location; and if they can afford it, they should also build a parking garage. The prevailing theory is that a bus terminal is more efficiently used if there is a commuter parking structure associated with it.

Archived