Gateway Village Expansion

nmcheese

While waiting on a delivery at the GV loading dock, there was an interesting model set up against the wall. It appears to show a new condo block between the existing GV complex and 277. If anyone has more information, post away. Apologies for the crappy pics: low light + iPhone = subpar results.

iphone1.jpg

iphone2.jpg

iphone3.jpg

iphone4.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken, that's the original model that was on display at BofA CC back in the mid-90's when they first announced Gateway Village. That model also shows 950 W. Trade, which was to be a 14-story office building where the current paved surface lot it. 950 was delayed with the economic downturn of the early 2000's, and since BofA has outsourced much of the business units that GV was designed for (IT and credit card servicing) I'm not sure when we will see it built.

I don't have much info on what happened to the residential building on the 1000 block. Sycamore Green (across Trade) was still built, but BofA may have been on the hook to complete the affordable housing component. I would think that the large residential complex is still feasible, but I would think it would be a mix of for-sale and for-rent.....reaching way back into my memory, it was supposed to be 600 units or so....when it does go forward, I'm praying for a redesign.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today's CBJ has a nice article about the parcel. I didn't realize it was 6 acres. Quite a bit could be done with 6 acres. There aren't really any signature pieces that far down the west end of Trade Street so perhaps this could eventually become a new anchor for downtown. $27 million is the asking price.

Archived