Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nmcheese

Gateway Village Expansion

7 posts in this topic

While waiting on a delivery at the GV loading dock, there was an interesting model set up against the wall. It appears to show a new condo block between the existing GV complex and 277. If anyone has more information, post away. Apologies for the crappy pics: low light + iPhone = subpar results.

iphone1.jpg

iphone2.jpg

iphone3.jpg

iphone4.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's the original model that was on display at BofA CC back in the mid-90's when they first announced Gateway Village. That model also shows 950 W. Trade, which was to be a 14-story office building where the current paved surface lot it. 950 was delayed with the economic downturn of the early 2000's, and since BofA has outsourced much of the business units that GV was designed for (IT and credit card servicing) I'm not sure when we will see it built.

I don't have much info on what happened to the residential building on the 1000 block. Sycamore Green (across Trade) was still built, but BofA may have been on the hook to complete the affordable housing component. I would think that the large residential complex is still feasible, but I would think it would be a mix of for-sale and for-rent.....reaching way back into my memory, it was supposed to be 600 units or so....when it does go forward, I'm praying for a redesign.

Interestingly, all land between 900 W Trade and I-77 has now been listed for sale....it seems Bank of America is done with their Gateway Village exapansion.

Interesting. I wonder if their vision of a mixed-company campus is all finished, or if they feel that the project has enough momentum to move forward on it's own now.

guessing a combo? this was hugh mccoll's baby also - and he's been gone for awhile, so are most of his ppl

Today's CBJ has a nice article about the parcel. I didn't realize it was 6 acres. Quite a bit could be done with 6 acres. There aren't really any signature pieces that far down the west end of Trade Street so perhaps this could eventually become a new anchor for downtown. $27 million is the asking price.