farlee metrowest

beltwayboy08

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project appears to be more intelligently planned than many out there. I do wonder whether or not the area can continue to absorb the astonishing number of housing units being built. At least this one is taking other transportation options into account.

To a considerable extent, the slump may not hit Washington as hard as it will in other cities. The D.C. area is insulated from the fluctuations of employment in industry and commerce. Essentially, the government isn't going anywhere and it surely isn't getting any smaller. This insulation aside, however, I do think that there has been a certain amount of overbuilding in our area. It may take two or three years for the market to absorb all of the new projects coming on line soon. I still think we'll be seeing more projects pop up on drawing boards, but they may well face closer scrutiny from lenders.

Archived