Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwithers1

Winfrey family development in East Nashville

6 posts in this topic

Tennessean article about Winfrey family development

Attached is a link to a Tennessean story about a development that Oprah's family is proposing for East Nashville. This is just north of Cleveland Street on Lischey, which is still a pretty seedy street even for that area if you ask me. There are lots of new things going along Cleveland Street, though, including the West Eastland just a few blocks away. I wish them the best! I am glad that there will be street-level retail: I just hope that there are no check cashing places, et al, allowed. This seems pretty nice, though.

Looks like a great project for East Nashville. As far as the area being seedy a nice development like this could be a serious catalyst to turns things around in a hurry. Hopefully it will serve that role and be nothing less than a huge success for the neighborhood.

NCP article about Winberry Place

Today's article in the City Paper contains more news about this development. It turns out that the Winfreys already own all of the land on this site, so no one is being forced to leave or anything. This sounds like nothing but a positive for that corner of the neighborhood!

Of note, the original architect, Nashville-based DA{sodEmoji.|}AD, is no longer involved in the project. Not sure of the current design firm.

WW