Puppy Pix

Charlotte_native

OK, so I love dogs, have always had them and have a wonderful one now. Lots of people seem to have photos of theirs, mine is even my Avatar -- since there have been so many recent threads that are quite serious, how about one for fun...

post-9752-1189630808_thumb.jpgpost-9752-1189631026_thumb.jpg

This is Bamboo, or The Dooz, a Louisiana Catahoula. 3 years old, 45 pounds, great city/condo dog. He is anxiously awaiting 3rd Ward Park.

post-9752-1189630808_thumb.jpg

post-9752-1189631026_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE this thread! I wonder why its taken so long for someone to start something like this. Here are my kids. Sadie (dark little girl on the red chair) is 5yrs old and is a pleasantly plump 20lb cairn terrier. Bruno is a 4yr old blue back silky terrier. He's lean and mean at a taut 17lbs. He's somewhat of a spaz and burns off whatever he eats. Sadie.. she's a loafer.

post-425-1189633074_thumb.jpgpost-425-1189633057_thumb.jpg

Oh, pay no attention to the timestamps on the pix. I guess I never set the date on that camera. These were taken a couple of years ago probably.

post-425-1189633057_thumb.jpg

post-425-1189633074_thumb.jpg

I LOVE this thread! I wonder why its taken so long for someone to start something like this. Here are my kids. Sadie (dark little girl on the red chair) is 5yrs old and is a pleasantly plump 20lb cairn terrier. Bruno is a 4yr old blue back silky terrier. He's lean and mean at a taut 17lbs. He's somewhat of a spaz and burns off whatever he eats. Sadie.. she's a loafer.

post-425-1189633074_thumb.jpgpost-425-1189633057_thumb.jpg

Oh, pay no attention to the timestamps on the pix. I guess I never set the date on that camera. These were taken a couple of years ago probably.

Here is my three year old rat terrier Mick:

minimick.jpg

minimicknose.jpg

DSC01907mini.jpg

man turbo, I wonder how your vacuum handles your dog! Even mine which is very short haired sheds to no end. Thank god for hardwood floors. When we had carpet in my old apartment we used to have to vacuum every couple of days.

It's funny. Neither of my dogs shed. I mean, I'll find the stray hair on the sofa or bed every once in a while, but it's never been a problem. I have a friend that has a Jack Russell, and that dog must regenerate a full coat every night. It's crazy. I've learned never to wear anything black when I go over there. Must be the breed.

It's funny. Neither of my dogs shed. I mean, I'll find the stray hair on the sofa or bed every once in a while, but it's never been a problem. I have a friend that has a Jack Russell, and that dog must regenerate a full coat every night. It's crazy. I've learned never to wear anything black when I go over there. Must be the breed.

Great idea for a topic. I am a dog lover and my wife and I have 2. I have a german shepard mix that I got in college who will be 7 in december and Porto is a beagle that will be 3 in november. As for shedding Aussie, you should see our house. I have never seen so much hair in all of my life! But I would trade them for the world.

Mason:

2u7c1sl.jpg

Porto:

689fz7l.jpg

I love'em all, but I have a special place for Beagles! I got one in college and had to put him to sleep last year -- he was 16! Best dog in the world (I know, they all are :) ). He lived through 2 or 3 complete changes and stages in my life. I built a garden for him at my office with plants and benches I took from a couple places where we lived and put a statue there that looked like him that friends got me years back. God I still miss that dog...

This guy, Porto, looks exactly like him except the colors are a little different -- Doc also had one blue eye and one brown one, rare for a hound. Our dog we have now, Bamboo, has the same but its typical for his breed.

Thanks for the pix everyone!

Then you'll like my little buddy Newton.... I had to give him up for personal reasons, but he truly was my best friend for 5 years. These pictures were taken the last night he was with me. He's with a new owner and last I heard he's really living it up!

If you're out there my friend, much love! :thumbsup:

Newton.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

If he needs a home again let me know- he's adorable.

Our beloved Abby, who moved to doggie heaven a year ago:

1404311455_d7039e4c68.jpg

After putting her on a boogie board a few times in the ocean-

1405197012_2453217550.jpg

Our puppy Allie:

This shows up as actual size on my monitor, from the day we brought her home-

1405189340_f54a2c49a5.jpg

With the bubbly security guard at Odell-

1405172728_0ed8f19bae.jpg

More recently-

1405211872_2c504c75b8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

here's my boy! his name is cecil and he's a 2yr old (almost) bernese mountian dog. he has such a great demeanor and is an absolute amazing family dog. we recently got another dog for him to romp around with. she's half weiner half something and her name is meela... i'll post a pic soon.

this pic was taken this past winter - he loved the snow, of course. this summer we gave him a haircut and he looked just like a greater swiss mountain dog (different breed). even though cecil has lots of hair... he, doesn't shed that much either.

cecil2.jpg

cecil.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

post-9752-1193925482_thumb.jpg

New addition to our household! My partner saved this guy at the pound yesterday -- we were going to get a pup anyway (for my birthday -- today!) and this fella's owner was bringing him in. He would have been put down that afternoon -- they don't adopt out pits or pit mixes at all. He stopped him in the parking lot, introduced him to our dog and they got along immediately.

8 months old, as sweet as any dog I've ever been around, no aggression at all.

Please all, meet "Tiki" :good:

Edit: Oh, and to add to the fun of him, we thought he knew no words or commands at all. Then started thinking about it...we got him from a guy named Jose...he knows words, but it is in Spanish!!! Bienvenidos senor Tiki...

post-9752-1193925482_thumb.jpg

Archived