New projects in East Hills

GRGridGirl

• 2 weeks later...

About Pink Boulevard;

I was in there last week, looking for a possible dress to wear to a wedding on Saturday. I'm a grown-up lady, with grown-up bumps. The bulk (heh) of their inventory seemed to be aimed at spindly Kendall students.

Moral of the story:

Adults have the money. Cater to adults.

About Pink Boulevard;

I was in there last week, looking for a possible dress to wear to a wedding on Saturday. I'm a grown-up lady, with grown-up bumps. The bulk (heh) of their inventory seemed to be aimed at spindly Kendall students.

Moral of the story:

Adults have the money. Cater to adults.

Better off at the thrifts...adults also have the bulging (sorry) closets and the wherewithal to donate the excess.

I searched the forum and this seemed like the best place to post this...

Anyone know the latest on the old Spectrum child care place? I think we all thought that would move fast, but it still sits there. The CWD signs are gone, but the are generic blue signs that say FOR SALE. Something "new" there would do wonders.

I'm thinking that any major development is a couple years off do to the economy, but I definitely see this as being an anchor for Cherry and can't wait to see it redeveloped but think it might have to wait a couple of years.

Joe

I searched the forum and this seemed like the best place to post this...

Anyone know the latest on the old Spectrum child care place? I think we all thought that would move fast, but it still sits there. The CWD signs are gone, but the are generic blue signs that say FOR SALE. Something "new" there would do wonders.

I'm thinking that any major development is a couple years off do to the economy, but I definitely see this as being an anchor for Cherry and can't wait to see it redeveloped but think it might have to wait a couple of years.

Joe

That's what I figured, but I was hoping something would happen sooner. =) Funny thing is I knew there was a thread for it, but searched and searched to find it. Then when I read the reply, there was the link at the bottom of the page...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Spectrum...ite-t45202.html

Guess I found it too late. =)

• 4 weeks later...

The bad: Looks like Blue Ave is closing. They were having "final days" sales last weekend.

The good: Appears as if a deli/catering business is on its way in to the old candy/ice cream shop.

Yep...Blue Ave is almost done. Sounds like it's a good thing according to the person in the shop. She said a travel store is coming in September.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread, but it seemed like the best. Since Pink Blvd was reference a few posts ago I thought I'd mention that Pink Blvd is closing very soon - sales going on now.

Hearing of a pretty big project coming to Cherry Street in the new year. Not sure how much is solid or public knowledge, but I think we'll hear something soon.

There is also a spot in front of the "brewery" building of Brewery Vivant that the site plan called "future building". I believe that some of the foundation walls for this new building have already been built. It's not what I would call a "pretty big project" though. I'd think it's something else mgreven is referring to.

Edited by Gorath

We already have Cherry Park and the grounds outside the ICCF so I dont see that.

Speaking of ICCF anyone notice all the new home construction going on immediately to the building's south? The name of the development escapes me.

Edited by arcturus

Speaking of ICCF anyone notice all the new home construction going on immediately to the building's south? The name of the development escapes me.

I'm not sure if it has an official name, but those are the last of the new townhouses that were started just a couple of years ago. It is seriously one of the best urban developments in the Uptown area. Decent size, low-priced, and hidden off busy roads. Not to mention right next to Cherry street businesses.

Those are Fairmount Square - built by Eastbrook and almost done.

I'm talking about more infill on Cherry - nothing that will be a shock but I think it's gonna be a little bigger than many thought it would be.

I did hear that the infill in front of Brewery Vivant was still alive and kicking. It seems that with the building to the East, something with a little height might fit in well (3 to 5 stories). And hopefully with some balconies.

Otherwise, I can't think of a lot of vacant space on Cherry for infill. It's pretty built out.

I did hear that the infill in front of Brewery Vivant was still alive and kicking. It seems that with the building to the East, something with a little height might fit in well (3 to 5 stories). And hopefully with some balconies.

Otherwise, I can't think of a lot of vacant space on Cherry for infill. It's pretty built out.

Still kicking on both sides of Vivant. Height sounds like a possibility.