New projects in East Hills

GRGridGirl

There title is a bit awkward because two of the buildings were already sold and are being renovated. The surprise is something about their "yellow building" being renovated with, what I think he said, an apartment building being build around it.

"Project Rehab buildings for sale"

http://woodtv.com/2014/05/30/project-rehab-buildings-for-sale/

WOODTV8: We're on 24 hours a day but 6 months behind.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Blue", the high end Goodwill store, has closed. I wish they were more thriftstore in their pricing and carried mens clothes.

I doubt the space will be empty for more than 4 months with Metal Arts Studio right next door, and E. Hills being the hottest place to be these days.

Check out Conscious Collective on Bridge St. for men's clothing in the Blue price range.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else seen these? I quite likely, most likely because there is a lot of this in our neighborhood in Chicago. Thoughts?

Taken from the East Hills website: http://www.easthillscouncil.org/news/rehab-project

Rehab%20Project%204.jpg

Rehab%20Project%203.jpg

Here's some more info if you're interested.

http://rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/cherryandeasterncorners82814.aspx

Forgive me I have been out of town because of work lately and haven't had a chance to check in on some of these projects.   Have the apartments on wealthy broken ground?  I think they were proposed by Orion.  I here tidbits of what's going on in the east hills but have trouble keeping the projects separate. 

This proposed new structure is not compatible with the historic district.  Not that I don't like the idea of the project, but I don't think it follows the rules.  Being a historic preservation nut, I hope they revise the plans ASAP.  Sad that they proposed something that they will--or at least should--have to scrap. Longer post in the main thread.

Edited by x99

Forgive me I have been out of town because of work lately and haven't had a chance to check in on some of these projects.   Have the apartments on wealthy broken ground?  I think they were proposed by Orion.  I here tidbits of what's going on in the east hills but have trouble keeping the projects separate. 

I haven't heard or seen anything yet.

the car wash has been completely razed and the whole lot is now topsoil but I haven't seen any activity to suggest digging is starting and I haven't seen any activity on the lot across the road beyond it being used as storage for equipment

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is going on at the Wealthy/Atlas site now, but Wheeler told the Business Journal a month or so ago that this project was to be complete in the spring of 2015.  Unlike most of the projects that he is involved with these days, I think this one was designed by Integrated.  That may have changed since he became buddies with Concept Design.

Edited by mpchicago

• 3 months later...

Sounds like 1059 Wealthy (old McDonalds building) is finally going to get demoed and redeveloped!

(i've been waiting for 15 years.)

Also ? new butcher shop across the street.

Details being presented at East Hills board of directors meeting jan 5.

Edited by uncus

Sounds like 1059 Wealthy (old MacDonalds building) is finally going to get demoed and redeveloped!

(i've been waiting for 15 years.)

Also ? new butcher shop across the street.

Details being presented at East Hills board of directors meeting jan 5.

Holy cow! This is a big puzzle piece! You could really put a great infill mixed-use structure on this spot and make that part of Wealthy come alive.

I wonder if the potential butcher will go in the severely boarded-up building next to the Community Media Center?

Parking garage/retail/apartments !?

What i have heard second hand so far is demo for new mixed used development with 5000-8000 sq ft retail space and 20-30 apartments.  No mention of parking ramp (? yet).

I'm guessing there are others here listening who might know more.

I have some historical photos/pictures of the site that i can post once i figure out how to attach pictures.  (my first attempt failed).

• 3 weeks later...