New projects in East Hills

GRGridGirl

• 2 months later...

Maybe you saw a few bikes parked at Brewery Vivant on Saturday?  Look how many more customers you can park in a tiny amount of space when the all arrive by bike, and are all hungry. :)

Vivant and Rockford Brewing had their first "Fly to the Coq" group ride starting at Rockford Brewing and ending at Brewery Vivant.  Lots of fun.  Many "types" of bicyclists, and 85-90% of the ride was on trails and roads with bike lanes.

https://www.facebook.com/events/133620750165384/

8944809604_586b00809d_b.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see the five or six inverted U bike racks that Brewery Vivant installed just last week.

Is Project Rehab also selling the brick building on Cherry/Eastern? That would be a great building to 'rehab'. :)

Joe

supposedly, but not yet.  speaking to a broker a couple of weeks ago, he said that they were waiting for the neighborhood to gentrify somewhat before selling.  they are letting go of the first three first, thinking that if they are redeveloped that the building on the corner will be worth substantially more.

• 2 months later...

The U-shaped apartment building across the street from Cherry Park on Eastern looks to be seeing some work finally. Its stood empty for years and has always looked a bit creepy. There is now a dumpster out in the front courtyard, and all of the landscaping has been torn up. The interior walls of the apartment I looked into have been gutted as well.

• Like 1

The U-shaped apartment building across the street from Cherry Park on Eastern looks to be seeing some work finally. Its stood empty for years and has always looked a bit creepy. There is now a dumpster out in the front courtyard, and all of the landscaping has been torn up. The interior walls of the apartment I looked into have been gutted as well.

I think of this as the Hacienda. 120 Eastern LLC  http://goo.gl/maps/95Lta

More rehab is happening on a nearby street. Here's the before:

http://goo.gl/maps/36IGU

Looks like (per City records) one LLC has acquired much of the block. They are doing full renovations, new windows, exteriors, floor plan revisions, at a level that is well beyond mere "bring it up to code" status. It's fun to pedal past and see all the upgrades. And it's across the street from the church-becoming-apartments project.

Me too. Love that building. Surprised it's been empty for a long time. I think it's an excellent rehab candidate. Glad they seem to be doing high quality renovations.

Joe

I've always loved the look of that building!  I never knew it was empty, though.  It looked well-maintained whenever I went past it.

• 1 month later...

Excellent!  They are quick, seems like I just drove by this place a few days ago and it was still a bunker.

I wonder what will happen to that parking lot across the street...it's part of this, correct?

I think it is. It was the parking for the old bank branch that became de facto community parking since Woods likely never saw a use for the entire lot. When the building went up for sale he understandably had to block access to it. I hope the new owner would be cool with it being open to people in the evenings and weekends if this becomes a non-retail/restaurant establishment.

I'm glad to see the Project Rehab properties are getting snatched up. I'm not sure how that one on Cherry built in the 50's is going to make a decent apartment though. From the looks of the construction equipment out front, I'm hoping that they plan on building out to the street and getting rid of that setback. Maybe take out those 4 parking spots right next to it.

I think it is. It was the parking for the old bank branch that became de facto community parking since Woods likely never saw a use for the entire lot. When the building went up for sale he understandably had to block access to it. I hope the new owner would be cool with it being open to people in the evenings and weekends if this becomes a non-retail/restaurant establishment.

I'm glad to see the Project Rehab properties are getting snatched up. I'm not sure how that one on Cherry built in the 50's is going to make a decent apartment though. From the looks of the construction equipment out front, I'm hoping that they plan on building out to the street and getting rid of that setback. Maybe take out those 4 parking spots right next to it.

I would doubt that they're adding on to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw that there's a sign up in the parking lot at Brewery Vivant for an "Approved Site For Sale." Locus looking to sell now? The search function on UP seems to be broken so I couldn't even find the rendering of the project...

If I recall, that's been there a while. I asked an employee I was familiar with and they had no clue... I'm not sure if that's BV's property or not.

I saw that there's a sign up in the parking lot at Brewery Vivant for an "Approved Site For Sale." Locus looking to sell now? The search function on UP seems to be broken so I couldn't even find the rendering of the project...

My recollection was that Orion or one of the other builders (Locus??) wanted to put a mixed use building there and locate their offices in some of the space.  Maybe they changed their mind now and are looking to sell?