Publix/Meridianville

HSVTiger

All indications are that the remodeling taking place at the old Winn Dixie store will indeed be a Publix store.

Opening late October/ Early November.

The entire North Parkway corridor from Max Luther to the TN state line is starving for quality retail development.

There are serious road issues however, the Parkway can't handle the load now and with North Huntsville/Hazel Green/

Meridianville area starting to get the attention of developers it will only get worse. Moores Mill , Winchester Rd intersection is a joke

and Research Park Blvd has not been extended to the Parkway where a interchange is planned but who knows when?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. In one decade, Publix has topped Kroger as the top traditional grocery store in the area, with 7 stores completed, 2 under construction, and at least two proposed. Within that time, Kroger has moved one store, opened one, closed/consolidated two, and now has 6 in the area, with none proposed. Now if one of them would build a downtown location...

Wow. In one decade, Publix has topped Kroger as the top traditional grocery store in the area, with 7 stores completed, 2 under construction, and at least two proposed. Within that time, Kroger has moved one store, opened one, closed/consolidated two, and now has 6 in the area, with none proposed. Now if one of them would build a downtown location...

^The two proposed locations are in Harvest and Athens. Construction hasn't started on them yet (correct me if I'm wrong). And since I was also including Morgan County in the "area," I think another store is set for Hartselle.

I completely agree about how underserved Huntsville is in traditional grocery stores, especially considering the rate that this area is growing. One area that is in desperate need of a store is the University Drive corridor between Memorial Parkway and Madison. There is not one store along this high-traffic stretch, at least not since Food World and Winn Dixie closed all their area locations. It would be great if there were a 24-hour Kroger or Publix near the university.

^The two proposed locations are in Harvest and Athens. Construction hasn't started on them yet (correct me if I'm wrong). And since I was also including Morgan County in the "area," I think another store is set for Hartselle.

I completely agree about how underserved Huntsville is in traditional grocery stores, especially considering the rate that this area is growing. One area that is in desperate need of a store is the University Drive corridor between Memorial Parkway and Madison. There is not one store along this high-traffic stretch, at least not since Food World and Winn Dixie closed all their area locations. It would be great if there were a 24-hour Kroger or Publix near the university.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived