202 - 206 Grandville Renovations

GRDadof3

It looks like renovation work is being done to the upper floors of 202 - 206 Grandville (I think technically 202 is the parking lot to the North). This is the collection of buildings connected to Hopson Flats, but I don't believe is part of that project. It has a McGraw Construction sign on the side. Anyone?

1373838336_bf14a2f6d8_b.jpg

Windows being cut on the North side:

1373841482_a7ed3ffbf9_b.jpg

1372940323_38c8f8b5f2.jpg

Signs on the ground floor windows say that the business has relocated (Corporate Color?).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sold these buildings to Raider Development (Mundell and Welch I think) who started some work, stopped for a while and now appear to be back at it.

The buildings next door at 212-216 Grandville are the ones we renovated. This is now known as Hopson Flats, a student housing project.

We really didn't do much of anything with 202-208 but am sincerely glad to see plans evolving there. Any re-investment in this neighborhood is great and it's no longer a 'fringe' area. Love it.

We sold these buildings to Raider Development (Mundell and Welch I think) who started some work, stopped for a while and now appear to be back at it.

The buildings next door at 212-216 Grandville are the ones we renovated. This is now known as Hopson Flats, a student housing project.

We really didn't do much of anything with 202-208 but am sincerely glad to see plans evolving there. Any re-investment in this neighborhood is great and it's no longer a 'fringe' area. Love it.

Today it looked like they were laying down new brick in the road in front of the buildings. Founders had steel siding up and is flying along. Custer, Hopson Flats, The Intersection, ITP, The finishing of the Ballet, new road and landscaped sidewalks... if someone comes along and does something with the Horseshoe this entire corridor will have gone from stanky old industrial to a hip strip in what? Three years?

Try that Brooklyn.

Cudos to the city and everyone involved.

• 1 month later...

Who has the scoop on this project??? IT seems like work gets started and then there are long periods of silence and an empty parking lot. McGraw's signs are posted on the North wall but when I asked an EE of McGraw...he gave me the impression that he had no clue to what was going on.... hmmmmm

GRDad...break it down for us.

• 5 months later...

This project seems to be slowly moving along. I can see metal studs for walls in the upper floor windows, and they are tearing up the parking lot now probably to rebuild it. Anyone want to check with the McGraw Construction on the status? Or John Mundell?

edit: It looks like they are going office use:

http://www.carwm.com/pubs/propertySearch.php

(MLS 705929)

• 1 month later...

Cool picture.

While big projects are nice I think I'd rather see things like this, multimple small projects transforming the area. Instead of just one large project. This way the progress is spread over a larger area and the projects are more diverse. Still, it looks like we may be seeing a big heartside project soon now that the project at Fulton & Division has found financing.

• 11 months later...

Anyone know what that goofy little space below the top floor is? It looks like it was a sign at one time covered over by aluminum siding, but it also kind of looks like something structural was there at one time (It also looks like the top floor was added on at some point; brick doesn't match).

Joe

Anyone know what that goofy little space below the top floor is? It looks like it was a sign at one time covered over by aluminum siding, but it also kind of looks like something structural was there at one time (It also looks like the top floor was added on at some point; brick doesn't match).

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Archived