The monsoon sucked!

MJLO

I don't know what it was like down in Tucson, I haven't been able to get down there since June, but in the Valley this was the lamest monsoon ever. At least that i've experienced, I live in the Deer Valley area, and we had 1 yes 1 day of rain the whole time. I'm depressed, I need cloudy, humid, and violently stormy to be happy. Oh well People think I'm weird but now i'm sad cause i have to deal with constant sunshine until atleast febuary. Will we ever see a good rainy monsoon again, now that this one was declared officially over

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was alright here. There were a couple of spectacular days but none of the crazy flooding that we saw last year. We did have quite a few ominously gray days.

It hailed at the end of July. Like ball bearing size, too.

I don't remember '04 now, but '05 was awful, '06 was crazy, and this was one was just adequate.

I really think that the sprawl and growth in Phoenix is having a big effect on the weather and monsoon.

When ever a storm was about to roll into the Valley this past monsoon season, I took a look at the radar maps and the rain would head right for Phoenix, then almost always create a circle around Phoenix. I think the heat island effect is really causing less and less rain here.

This year was we got the least amount of rain in 14 years and it was the 8th driest on record.

Archived