Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kayman

The situation in Eastlake and the backward reaction of the City Council

2 posts in this topic

I have to comment on the situation in Eastlake involving the owner of the Texaco, and the protests. As many in The News have mention, where is the protest in the community involving the drastic decline of the conditions of the neighborhood, the pathetic representation of the city on the school board that has done nothing but ostracized Superintendent Stanley Mims for trying to do his job, and the crimes that have occur across the city? I am beyond sick of folks like in the protesters in Eastlake community that want to "jump on the bandwagon" of protesting and the City Council not allowing "due process" take its course before jumping to conclusions. It is sad in the majority of the City Council seems to want to drag the city's already fragile reputation even further down in the dumps and play "race-based politics" as usual. I get so tired of this crap that seems to occur with the local politicians especially involving race and ethnicity(this time black versus Asian) as so many of us are trying our best to fight for this city to progress and not to regress.

Now that this business is now closed, the only people who will be truly suffering are the residents of the East Lake community. I find it disgusting that situation has once again proven critics of this city right.