Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

intersting aerial of Chattanooga, TN

Chattanooga actually has a decent skyline for a city its size. I've noticed that the all the smaller "secondary" cities in Tennessee like Knoxville all have decent skylines.

a041overchatt400.jpg

On my drive from Minneapolis to Miami last year, I drove through the Noog, and was impressed with what I saw.

Yes Chattanooga does have a decent skyline for its size. However, best of all its downtown vibrancy actually beats the liveliness of several downtowns in much larger cities.

Very true. Chattanooga is certainly a success story as 20 years ago its downtown underwent a revitalization plan from being on the verge of death. While I wasn't able to remember the early 80's for obvious reasons, I'm told half the downtown was boarded up. Today its very lively with a downtown transit circulation system free to use, lots of residential, and business alike.

Chattanooga has a downtown aqaurium, ballpark and IMAX theater. alot seems to be happening in downtown Chattanooga.

It is very nice, but they have not had a "tower" built in over 30 years downtown. I bet they eventually get some 25-40 story condo towers on the river. They are only a couple of hours from Atlanta and an hour and a half from Knoxville. They are in the perfect place.

I went through Chattanooga on a spring break road trip this year, and I was pleasantly surprised with the city. Between the surrounding mountains and the Tennessee River, it has to be one of the most scenic settings for a city that encountered. If you happen to drive through on your way to Atlanta, Knoxville, or Nashville, I recommend the drive up to Lookout Mt. Don't even bother going into the Lodge, if you do, you'll realize that you're in a cheezy tourist trap, but it costs nothing to park, walk around and get some outstanding panoramic views of Chattanooga.

Chattanooga is one of the most breath-takin cities in the world.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i wouldn't go that far. well i did loose my breath running up to the top of lookout mountain though. :P

Thats a big cloverleaf! Chattanooga looked nice from what I saw while driving through this summer.

Don't hate on Chattanooga because your part of the world is flat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Flat? i live in New Hampshire,FYI not so flat here.

Chattanooga is one of the most breath-takin cities in the world.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sheltered or somthing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha

I must say that from the pictures I've seen, it looks like a very pretty city indeed. Nice surrounding areas too.

Great smokey and lookout mountains are in TN. What the name of the mountains in NH??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually there is quite a bit of topography in new hampshire. in fact, the appalachian mountains (which the great smokey mountains are located in) pass through new hampshire.

Mt Washington biggest mountain in the north east, mt monadnock, the white mountains and various others, we also have some of the easts best ski areas.

whmtn-mtwash-fromcrawford-sml-ver.jpg

MT Washington

mwh6.jpg

Mt Washington Hotel

^ looks like the hotel from "The Shining"  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parts of it were filmed there, and the other parts may have been filmed oregon i think.