Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

Collapse inside Fisher 21 Plant

9 posts in this topic

Today I was riding my bike around the D and decided to check out Fisher 21. There was a bunch of urban explorers coming out of a recently burnt out section of the building and they said that there was a big hole in the center where a bunch of reinforced concrete beams and slabs had collapsed. Sho nuff they were right. It doesn't looks good. What do you think is the ultimate fate of this building. I'm sure this isn't going to the only time this will happen.

Fisher 21 will probably come down. Structurally in some parts it's not that great, as you've discovered. It's not going to collapse completely, but there are parts....

There was a film crew there yesterday. They were filming a movie there and had trucks, security, and everything all parked on the street and in the parking lot to the south of the building.

Fisher 21 will probably come down. Structurally in some parts it's not that great, as you've discovered. It's not going to collapse completely, but there are parts....

There was a film crew there yesterday. They were filming a movie there and had trucks, security, and everything all parked on the street and in the parking lot to the south of the building.

Fisher Body's the big, white one behind the Ford Fwy right?

Yah, that thing (as cool as it is) doesn't stand a chance. It might be around for another 100 years as a collapsed dump though. :unsure:

It's more than just a collapse that has made the building so hopeless. There's plenty of environmental issues with that place as well. Mercury, lead, PCBs. All kinds of fun stuff.

Right now I would say the place is done. If noone comes through with a plan soon, I think it should be torn down. Everyone who drives by it on I-94 automatically think of negative things about Detroit.