Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beth Y

Art on the Move!

6 posts in this topic

I will look for it...is this local artists commissioned to create murals for the sides of the busses, or is it pictures of existing works?

I saw one on Glenwood near North Street on Sunday, either the Anna Podris or Bart Cusic piece. I tried to take a picture but the bus pulled away as the camera was powering up.

There hasn't been any art on the buses that pass my house, but I'm not around during the day.

I think the art was commissioned for the project, but the side of the bus is not the actual/physical original work. Some buses have different works on each side.

Yes, this work was by local artists who submitted pieces meeting certain criteria (to fit on the side of a bus!) and twelve were selected. Therefore, there are twelve buses in all.

Click on the link above to learn more or see the artists and art selected.

I can't believe I still haven't seen one!

They will be "rolled out" at 6pm this Saturday (9/22) at Moore Square in conjunction with the Street Painting Festival and Sparkcon.....so come see them there!

I feel like one of the main reasons CAT ridership is declining is the loss of the brand. No buses look alike, so I'm never reminded,"Hey, ride this clean, inexpensive bus". Ask a newcomer what the name of the service is and they are likely to reply,"Beazer?!"

I love the new bus murals! SO much better than having to look at those hideous red "Beezer" buses everywhere.