SPARK CON Creative Festival

miamiblue

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but the search function wouldn't work for me :dontknow: .

The second annual SPARK CON starts Thursday, September 20 and goes through the weekend. Like to cook chili? Think you've got a winning recipe? The current NC State Chili Champ (who I happen to know personally) is organizing the Chili SPARK competition to benefit the Visual Art Exchange. There are several other "Sparks" that will be going on throughout the festival, all celebrating creativity in our community. Come out and support a grassroots creative festival organized and funded by local individuals!

What is SPARK CON?

Arts

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I'm kind of disappointed with the music for SparkCon. Its all the same yocal locals you can see any Sun.-Sat. at genero music club in the Triangle. For such a revolutionary event you would think they could have at least booked some experimental outfits that generally don't play here (see SUNNO))), Boards of Canada, Amon Tobin, etc. etc. etc.

^I'm kind of disappointed with the music for SparkCon. Its all the same yocal locals you can see any Sun.-Sat. at genero music club in the Triangle. For such a revolutionary event you would think they could have at least booked some experimental outfits that generally don't play here (see SUNNO))), Boards of Canada, Amon Tobin, etc. etc. etc.

^I would suggest that organizers coordinate with music clubs/booking agents in Raleigh to bring some bigger names that will actually draw people. Don't go down the same road as Troika which after a couple of years has pretty much faded out to nothingness. Think more SXSW, Emmisions from the Monolith, CMJ, where local bands play beside national/international acts.

Archived