All Saints Square

Florida

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah . . . I teach History at FSU & that's how I got interested in the Coke Building -- my special interest is public history. We have an intern in our office who in studying planning & I'll ask him . . .

CWHIP was only funded last year & this year -- no more -- it was a casualty of the budget cuts :(

It is a very interesting idea, though, and if you are interested in the mechanics of housing grants & the theory of "granting" money for specific housing uses, stop in sometime & we can chat!

The office number is 222-4063 -- we are usually in from 9-ish -5-ish unless we are out ;)

KR

• 4 months later...

The Cloisters in All Saints has gotten their first retail tenant. It's a bar called Fermentation Lounge. Has anyone been there yet? I've not been, but several people I know have and they all say it's a great place. I've been told their beer selection rivals that of Leon Pub, but this place is smoke-free. They also have wine too. I hope they can catch on in that location. I was told they will be part of the stops on the First Friday tours which should help folks find out they are there. I plan to get by there w/in the next few weeks.

Fermentation Lounge Blog

The Cloisters in All Saints has gotten their first retail tenant. It's a bar called Fermentation Lounge. Has anyone been there yet? I've not been, but several people I know have and they all say it's a great place. I've been told their beer selection rivals that of Leon Pub, but this place is smoke-free. They also have wine too. I hope they can catch on in that location. I was told they will be part of the stops on the First Friday tours which should help folks find out they are there. I plan to get by there w/in the next few weeks.

Fermentation Lounge Blog

I doubt this place will function as a sports bar, just doesn't have the vibe from what I can tell by their blog. On the other hand, I could care less about another sports bar in town seminole, but I'm glad when we do get more sports bars in town so people like you will have new and different options. :) Also I and many others I know can go into a bar w/out leaving drunk.

Seriously though I think the true point of this posting is that All-Saints finally got its first retail tenant. Now let's see if it works out.......

Well I AM a drinker and I love Bars. So my wife and I will proby check this place out this weekend. Thanks for posting this great news. Little local owned places like this is exactly the type of places that I want to see on or near Gaines.

It looks too hipstery for me, but I hope it goes well. Always glad to see another good watering hole around. But I do have to question the idea that their beer selection rivals Leon Pub. It seems like FL has 8 beers on tap - Leon carries over 40 (out of their 200+ options overall). To anyone who's been to FL, what's the bottle selection like?

Glad to hear you can appreciate something that doesn't fall into your interest range FF. Good point about taps, is it really up to 40 over at Leon Pub? I was there (Leon) on Sunday for a private function, but failed to count the taps. :) BTW: Does the gentleman named Newman or Newsome(or something like that) have any ownership in the bar or does he just sort of live there? He was surprised that I beat him at pool, but was a gracious loser.

Archived