Raintree21

Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

1195 posts in this topic

In addition to all of the floor seats being sold out, apparently all but 3 of the 60 luxury suites are now sold as well.

The Bobcats have also unveiled a "secondary" logo in addition to their transition to "bluer" (if that's a word) uniforms this season:

126-bobcats_logos.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.gif

As this project is now built, and the only topics to discuss are the ongoing saga of the Bobcats operations and the retail, I am relocating this thread to the coffee house.

On the logo, I like it. I'm glad they are going to favor the blue color over the orange. I think their focus on the orange severely limited their audience. The blue, however, is more universal, and it is a nice blue color.

The discussion of the creation and location of the uptown arena is archived here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Charlott...tml&st=1300

The city is set to sign a lease with a franchise operator that will either bring in a Five Guys Burgers or a Back Yard Burgers to the arena...

To the arena meaning inside of it for people watching a game or outside in one of the street side retail parcels? I don't remember if that was slated for the 3rd shop. As long as they don't jack their prices up I'm happy.

It would be the final outside spot, with the other two Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts and Portofino Pizza.

The secondary logo looks pretty sweet IMO. Hopefully a Five Guys will go in - they're awesome!

It would be the final outside spot, with the other two Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts and Portofino Pizza.

I think it's a Bellacino's not a Portofino's....

I think it's a Bellacino's not a Portofino's....

Bellacino's is good, but I wish it were Portofino's. Best pizza in CLT imho. I never really was a fan of Bellacino's pizza -- the grinders are great, though.

I am really hoping for a Five Guys in that spot. I have always thought that one would do well there and I hate that I have to drive all the way out to frickin' Blakeney to get a Five Guys burger!

I am really hoping for a Five Guys in that spot. I have always thought that one would do well there and I hate that I have to drive all the way out to frickin' Blakeney to get a Five Guys burger!

I must be lucky to have two Five Guys within a five minute drive from my apartment.... :)

I also think a Five Guys would do excellent business in the arena and hopefully create some more foot traffic...but I have not been to a backyard burger, how are they in comparison?

I've been to Backyard Burger once and it was pretty good food. A little too expensive for a hamburger, fries, and drink I thought (I think it was like $8-9), but still not out of reach. I guess I'm used to spending $5 at McDonalds for the same thing.

One (Backyard Burgers) was opened not too long ago in Fort Mill. They are pretty good and have a little variety. I actually prefer their hot dogs to their burgers. I'm spoiled though with a Sonny's Dutch Mill down the street - I can't rave about that place enough! About the same price as BB but 10 times better.

Edited by queensguy06

Fatburger in NC is an event, kinda analagous to when Kirspy Kreme moved into California. It seems like a big deal to the locals, and expats just shrug at the hoopla.

Where did you see that at? Their website doesn't list Charlotte as a location coming soon. While it doesn't go into 2008, it only lists:

Fall 2007

Las Vegas, NV: 1340 E. Flamingo Rd.

Henderson, NV: 777 W. Lake Mead Pkwy.

Windy Hill, GA

Chino, CA

Las Vegas, NV

Washington, DC

Winter 2007La Quinta, CA

Edited by Raintree21

The Lease agreement for Fatburgers is on the agenda for Monday's City Council meeting. I am guessing once the Council approves the lease agreement and everyone signs on the dotted line then it will show up on the website.

The Bobcats have announced that former Carolina player Jason Capel will be joining the radio broadcast team.

The CBJ is reporting that Time Warner is in talks with the Bobcats for naming rights to the arena.

That's great news. I think given the TV deal, it makes sense. It will be weird to have something not named after a bank here :P

Edited by dbull75

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post anymore...

I was downtown on Thursday and talked to a lady inside Bellacino's...she said they open today. I suppose something could delay it...but that's what she said.

She also said Fat Burger was the tenant next door...I didn't ask about an opening date for that.

The CBJ is reporting that Time Warner is in talks with the Bobcats for naming rights to the arena.

i think they should name it " (the) PEOPLE'S arena ".

i love irony.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post anymore...

I was downtown on Thursday and talked to a lady inside Bellacino's...she said they open today. I suppose something could delay it...but that's what she said.

She also said Fat Burger was the tenant next door...I didn't ask about an opening date for that.

I tried to stop by there for lunch, but no luck -- they were still painting inside. Getting very close, though.