Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

As this project is now built, and the only topics to discuss are the ongoing saga of the Bobcats operations and the retail, I am relocating this thread to the coffee house.

On the logo, I like it. I'm glad they are going to favor the blue color over the orange. I think their focus on the orange severely limited their audience. The blue, however, is more universal, and it is a nice blue color.

The discussion of the creation and location of the uptown arena is archived here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Charlott...tml&st=1300

I think it's a Bellacino's not a Portofino's....

Bellacino's is good, but I wish it were Portofino's. Best pizza in CLT imho. I never really was a fan of Bellacino's pizza -- the grinders are great, though.

I am really hoping for a Five Guys in that spot. I have always thought that one would do well there and I hate that I have to drive all the way out to frickin' Blakeney to get a Five Guys burger!

I am really hoping for a Five Guys in that spot. I have always thought that one would do well there and I hate that I have to drive all the way out to frickin' Blakeney to get a Five Guys burger!

I must be lucky to have two Five Guys within a five minute drive from my apartment.... :)

I also think a Five Guys would do excellent business in the arena and hopefully create some more foot traffic...but I have not been to a backyard burger, how are they in comparison?

One (Backyard Burgers) was opened not too long ago in Fort Mill. They are pretty good and have a little variety. I actually prefer their hot dogs to their burgers. I'm spoiled though with a Sonny's Dutch Mill down the street - I can't rave about that place enough! About the same price as BB but 10 times better.

Edited by queensguy06

Where did you see that at? Their website doesn't list Charlotte as a location coming soon. While it doesn't go into 2008, it only lists:

Fall 2007

Las Vegas, NV: 1340 E. Flamingo Rd.

Henderson, NV: 777 W. Lake Mead Pkwy.

Windy Hill, GA

Chino, CA

Las Vegas, NV

Washington, DC

Winter 2007La Quinta, CA

Edited by Raintree21

I thought I might of heard "Jump" when I walked by the arena this week: Van Halen has been in town prepping for tonight's sold out show

Looks like media outlets from all over the place, including Rolling Stone, USA Today, etc, are in town to cover the first show of their reunion tour. We'll definitely be in the limelight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post anymore...

I was downtown on Thursday and talked to a lady inside Bellacino's...she said they open today. I suppose something could delay it...but that's what she said.

She also said Fat Burger was the tenant next door...I didn't ask about an opening date for that.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post anymore...

I was downtown on Thursday and talked to a lady inside Bellacino's...she said they open today. I suppose something could delay it...but that's what she said.

She also said Fat Burger was the tenant next door...I didn't ask about an opening date for that.

I tried to stop by there for lunch, but no luck -- they were still painting inside. Getting very close, though.