Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

Tonight was probably one of the worst Hornets games I’ve ever been to. Not only did they come out absolutely flat and play like crap but in an almost must win game there were hardly any Hornets fans there. Crowd was 75% Heat fans and they were obnoxious. Charlotte can’t even show up for game that has huge playoff implications.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

Tonight was probably one of the worst Hornets games I’ve ever been to. Not only did they come out absolutely flat and play like crap but in an almost must win game there were hardly any Hornets fans there. Crowd was 75% Heat fans and they were obnoxious. Charlotte can’t even show up for game that has huge playoff implications.

Yet people think this city can handle a MLB team.... 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

The worst thing that was done by the Hornets was promoting this as Dwayne Wade's last game in Charlotte. That was just stupid to me for a guy, that I respect, has done nothing but kick this team in the groin during his career (remember Game 6 of the playoffs 3 years ago?). And that just added  to the number of Heat fans in attendance, which have always flocked to the Spectrum Center pre and post-LeBron for whatever reason. We all know Charlotte is a fickle sports town, like most "new" cities. However last night was just especially bad given the importance of the game. I was unable to attend due to being out of town. But a lot of fans have really checked out on this team this season given the constant blown leads and faltering down the stretch. The East is top heavy and anyone outside the 5th seed doesn't really have much of a chance of getting out of the first round. Hornets took a risk by keeping Kemba around and not trading him, which I didn't disagree with at the time, but it's about to backfire unfortunately. Kemba will likely walk this summer and the Hornets will have to let things get worse for a few years before they get better. 

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Yet people think this city can handle a MLB team.... 

Sure, because people actually like Baseball ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knights games are routinely very full. Don't they lead in attendance for all of AAA?

Charlotte MLB does not need a 50k seat stadium, that would be folly. With a small ballpark and low admission costs (as exampled by the Knights) MLB would clearly do quite well here.

I forget the article but I think Bill Simmons said it a few years ago.  Being in "the middle" in the NBA is the worst place to be.  You're not tanking, you're not competing.  You might sneak in as a low round seeded playoff team but there's no real hope to win a title.  Therefore you're just delaying the inevitable of your stars leaving and having to blow it up again anyway.  Not saying I totally agree but unfortunately I feel like this is the purgatory the Hornets have been stuck in since we signed Al Jefferson and traded for Batum.  I understand we had to make moves to get people hyped transitioning back to the Hornets and that worked for a few years, sadly I think most of the fan base has caught on to our place in the league.  Not to mention our draft history hasn't really inspired people the same way as finding a Giannis mid-first round or even a Devin Booker or Donovan Mitchell who were both drafted after we've had our first round selection.

/rant

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Sure, because people actually like Baseball ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knights games are routinely very full. Don't they lead in attendance for all of AAA?

Charlotte MLB does not need a 50k seat stadium, that would be folly. With a small ballpark and low admission costs (as exampled by the Knights) MLB would clearly do quite well here.

That’s silly , but okay 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, dylansukkert said:

Worse than Bobcats days to me.  There is just nothing going for this team outside of Kemba.  It needs to be completely blown up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

With 4 huge wins in a row the Hornets are right back in the playoff hunt. Over the next 8 games we need to win one more game than both the Magic and Heat who are one game up on us. Luckily we own the tiebreaker over both so same record as one of those teams and we are in. I think 5 or 6 wins gets us in! Two home playoff games will be a nice boost for bars and restaurants uptown.

• 3/29 at Lakers (33-42)
  • 3/31 at Golden State (51-23)
  • 4/1 at Utah Jazz (45-30)
  • 4/3 at New Orleans (31-45)
  • 4/5 Toronto (52-23)
  • 4/7 at Detroit (37-37)
  • 4/9 at Cleveland (19-56)
  • 4/10 Orlando (37-38)

That is rough.  Hornets have the hardest remaining schedule out of those two teams too (Orlando & Miami).  The next 4 games will make or break it for us imo.  Absolutely need to win the two remaining home games and the away game at Cleveland.  I think we would need to win 3/4 on that west coast trip.  I don't think we do that, but I would be happy going .500 the next 4 games.  But we essentially need to win out after that to have a realistic chance.  Orlando is red hot right now and Wades trying to get his final playoff appearance in the books...anything <6 wins for the Hornets won't be enough.  That tiebreak over the two teams is huge though.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

45 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Chris Kroeger dropped unexpectedly and immediately from radio voice of Hornets. Scuttle is that it was his call of the Jeremy Lamb spectacular shot in Toronto which was basically G-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-H!!! Hornets win!

I don't understand. I need a clarification. I don't understand why we have no fudgeing confirmation of why he was fired. (didn't actually say fudging)

• 2 weeks later...
Hornets win and Pistons lose tonight and we are in. We would not be in this situation if we did not have so many bad losses or 4th quarter blown leads.

Or a pedestrian player coming of the bench getting paid 8 mil dollars per point scored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

Hornets win and Pistons lose tonight and we are in. We would not be in this situation if we did not have so many bad losses or 4th quarter blown leads.

Grizz blew a 20 point lead...I knew not to get excited at half about it.  Knicks have already locked in the worst team in NBA for the draft, so wouldn't surprise me if they try and spoil Detroit's playoff hope.  Kemba deserves to be in the playoffs this years...let's go Knicks lol.  Regardless, gotta take care of business at home against Orlando.  Buy your tix now, they are going up in price very fast.