Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

Incase anyone missed it...Bobcats blew out the Suns tonight by 22 infront of a sell out crowd of 19,000+

Not to mention they held J-rich, Nash, and Amare to some of the their worst games in recent history, and the lowest point total of the year for the suns BY FAR. GO CATS, they are really starting to look like a great team! If they had this roster at the start of the season, no doubt we'd be top 8 in the east!

This is by far, in my opinion, the best the Cats have played at any point in any season I can remember in their 5+ year history. I noticed that the national media is starting to talk a little more about the job Larry Brown has done with this team and the talk of playoffs (even though we're only about half way through the season). But I can see this team winning over 40 games at the rate they are going... Go 'Cats!!!

I noticed that the national media is starting to talk a little more about the job Larry Brown has done with this team and the talk of playoffs (even though we're only about half way through the season).

I'll be excited when ESPN can recap a game like tonight and the tone is not "What's wrong with the Suns" and is more "What's gotten into the Bobcats?"

Unfortunately, small market teams usually have little to no media opinion. We were merely the Sun's opponents tonight.

I agree Escapist. It is going to take the Bobcats several more runs to get more attention. They're on a 7-3 run in their last ten games, which may be of the best runs this team has ever had. They are now only 7 games down from .500, that's down from 11 games behind before they started this run.

Their main hurdle is going to be getting over their road record. They have a majority of road games for the rest of the season. They have a 5 game western road trip this next week. If they get through that trip with a positive record, they may still have a chance of making the playoffs.

The Checkers played before a sold out crowd tonight. Looks like the Checkers vs Bobcats attendance battle is heating up again!

Yea, but also remember that the way the arena is configured for Checkers hockey, it seats a lot less than for basketball. Hockey is like 11,500 I think and basketball is over 19,000. Never the less it's great to see over 30,000 total fans pack TWC Arena two nights in a row for two seperate events.

Very bad news about Wallace. Hope he's going to be okay. http://news14.com/content/top_stories/6041...ib/Default.aspx

Yea, I saw that earlier... Bynum should know he has another thing coming when the Lakers visit in the spring. We got the win though. What's that? 5 of 6 against the Lakers now for the Cats?? I'm loving what Larry done with this team.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in Vladamir Radmonovic from the Lakers for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown, great trade for the Bobcats, don't be surprised if there is another trade announced before the trade deadline, the Bobcats have so many role players but no star, that star is coming soon.

So looks like trade number 4 is coming soon, one that I'm not incredibly happy about. If the deal happens, we'll be sending Nazr Mohammad, Raymond Felton, and Sean "Triple Whopper" May to the Indian Pacers for Jamal Tinsley (who hasn't played this year because Indiana doesn't want him, they told him to stay away til they could trade him), Jeff Foster (a quality big with good jumper), and either Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, or Marquis Daniels. I think Raymond definately has a place in Charlotte, especially the way hes been playing lately. Jamal Tinsley is a great player, but has a lot more problems than Raymond. Sean May is an obvious person to be shead, and Nazr Mohammad is simply too expensive for his own good. I guess in the long run I can accept this trade, I just would rather not part with Felton.

So looks like trade number 4 is coming soon, one that I'm not incredibly happy about. If the deal happens, we'll be sending Nazr Mohammad, Raymond Felton, and Sean "Triple Whopper" May to the Indian Pacers for Jamal Tinsley (who hasn't played this year because Indiana doesn't want him, they told him to stay away til they could trade him), Jeff Foster (a quality big with good jumper), and either Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, or Marquis Daniels. I think Raymond definately has a place in Charlotte, especially the way hes been playing lately. Jamal Tinsley is a great player, but has a lot more problems than Raymond. Sean May is an obvious person to be shead, and Nazr Mohammad is simply too expensive for his own good. I guess in the long run I can accept this trade, I just would rather not part with Felton.

Oh yes sir! I love this trade! I have not felt fully confident in Felton ever. Think about it, he is our "go-to" our "sportscenter clutch man" and he very rarely comes through - when he does, people talk about how indispensable he is, but that's certainly not as often as he rims it out or bricks it in the last second. Other than average ball handling, he is mediocre. Add to that DJ Augestine's promising future, and Felton becomes expendable - a decent bargaining chip. (I can see using DJ as a starter and developing Cartier Martin as backup). God knows Nazr and May wouldn't be worth squat in a trade without Felton. We certainly don't need Nazr as 3rd string center or his payroll. And the only thing Sean May's been dunking on is donuts all season. Baddabing!

Looks like Michael Jordan has started to make good decisions this season. From the brilliant moves of acquiring Boris Diaw and Raja Bell, to the Drafting of DJ Augustin. And now Vladamir Radmanavich comes in and starts his first game with the bobcats and scores 21 points! It'll be great after the allstar break when Gerald Wallace comes back and we have Augustin and Radmanavich coming off the bench, finally we will have some reliable bench players. I've also liked how the NBDL call up Cartier has been playing. Hes been providing a good 8-10 a game off the bench lately.

Let's hope we see Raja and Gerald back tonight! And let's hope Vlad can be as productive as his first 2 games with the Cats.

Also, I would like everyone to acknowledge that, with the last two wins against the Clippers and the Wizards, our lowly Charlotte Bobcats now have a WINNING (15-14) record at TWC! That was the goal for the 1st half of the season - 2nd half is having a winning record on the road...

If we just went 20-10 over the next thirty, we would be 500. I think with all the pieces in place, it could be somehow possible!

Edit: Bobcats probably should have won this game tonight. It was against a very hard Orlando team. We definately suffered a melt down as soon as Emeka Fouled out though. The bench really looked great tonight, unfortunately nobody could stop Dwight Howard, I don't think anyone was really trying to honestly, I think we were guarding everyone else, which was a pretty good approach, until DeSagana started fouling EVERYONE like crazy in overtime. He really needs to become better somehow FAST.

Edited by Guest

GAH!!!! I started watching the game about an hour late using my DVR. And since it went to OT, my DVR didn't know to keep recording. Stupid technology.

Wallace doesn't look right yet. DJ should be used more. I don't have enough confidence in Okafor or Diop...at least not when it comes to guarding Dwight Howard. That's the difference between the Cats and all the other teams who are above them in standings: the superstar player to dominate.

I don't have enough confidence in Okafor or Diop...at least not when it comes to guarding Dwight Howard.

I dont think there is much you can do about Dwight. He is one of those guys. You know? He's 23 years old, and I already think he could ball with Shaq at 25, Wilt, Hakeem, David Robinson, Kareem and Bill Russell. He reminds me so much of Shaq, he even seems to have a similar level of charisma, although certainly not that close. He has this presence in the middle that is just unheard of, HE CAN JUMP OUT OF THE GYM, and run with the best of them. Come 25, Dwight is going to be the best center this game has ever seen. He and Lebron are like the Next Generation of Athlete, there is nobody like them in this world.

Dwight is a monster... on some of those plays the Magic could just throw the ball up and he's there to put it in. He's definitely a physical specimum. What's frustrating about this Bobcats team is that they are so close to taking that next step and becoming a playoff team. More than anything else they just need time to gel together. They have had 23 different players suite up for this team this year, most in the league.

There is an infuriating observation I've made this season, and thats the fact that if the bobcats lose it gets better coverage on observer online, than if they actually win. There is virtually no mention of the Victory tonight in the Observer. It might just be because its a west coast game, and it ended late, but its still pretty ridiculous, at least plop an Associated Press/ESPN recap up there.

It's crazy how much the Charlotte TV media ignores this team. Local sportscasts lead off with news about the Panthers (even in the offseason) and throw in a 10 second recap of the Bobcats at the end of the segment. You get more coverage of high school sports than the Bobcats. The online O is a better because they do have articles, blogs, and some commentary.

I wonder if it's because there is a lack of NBA analysts in the Charlotte media...