Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

The Escapists futurecast for Thursday 3/19/09:

Friday 3/20 night: Bobcats beat Toronto - making them 1 game back.

Saturday 3/21 night: Bobcats beat Indiana, Chicago loses to Lakers - making Charlotte & Chicago tied for the playoff spot.

I'm not asking for much here, just keep it in mind.

Edited by The Escapists

The Escapists futurecast for Thursday 3/19/09:

Friday 3/20 night: Bobcats beat Toronto - making them 1 game back.

Saturday 3/21 night: Bobcats beat Indiana, Chicago loses to Lakers - making Charlotte & Chicago tied for the playoff spot.

I'm not asking for much here, just keep it in mind.

Actually no, Bobcats beat Toronto, become .5 ahead of milwaukee. 1 game behind Chicago. Then Beat Indiana, and Chicago loses to Lakers. And Bobcats become the number 8 seed because they have the tiebreaker won between them and Chicago!!!

Go CATS! I got the pleasure of watching the Knicks get clobbered by the kings, how exactly does a team choke to a team as bad as sacremento. Pacers Lost, Knicks lost, so that gives us some space from them, however the Nets won, but their next games are very VERY tough. If we take advantage of the easier schedule we can create some space before we get to the brutal month of april.

Yes sir!!! Props to Gerald Wallace... I realize the guy probably can barely walk into his own house when he gets home at night, but man he's a warrior playing through all that punishment and pain he takes. Someone like Ty Lawson could certainly learn something from him... On another note, I was out with some friends to watch the NCAA tourney last night and a big topic of conversation was the Bobcats and how this team has really come together. This year has been exciting and we can't wait to see happens next season when this team has another off-season to gel together under Larry Brown. Let's beat the Pacers tonight! Go 'Cats!!!

This year is over. It was fun. I hope the core is intact for next year- if the Cats can play with this core next year, they should make the playoffs. I hope DJ develops and becomes a starter next year.

I got home last night with about 5 min left to go... I couldn't believe they rallied back in the last 30 seconds, could've tied it and then could've won it! But they couldn't get that ball to fall in after getting a rebound from Wallace's missed free throw. If you can't win those games, especially to the lowly Wizards, then it's just not meant to be. I also saw they blew a 20 pt lead. I agree about DJ... I think he has a chance to be the next Chris Paul in this league.

The Southern Conference is looking at possibly moving their Men's BBall tourney to Charlotte as soon as next year, from Chattanooga. While this conference isn't quite like the ACC it doesn't hurt to have a 2nd tourney in town. An announcement should be coming soon. So in 2010, we could potetinally have two basketball tournaments and the ACC Championship in Football... Not bad. Though, I'd like to see Charlotte get in a regular rotation with Greensboro for the Men's bball tourney.

And oh, there's the big game for the Bobcats tomorrow night against the Lakers. Got my tickets already and looking forward to this game! Go 'Cats!

Edited by dbull75

Great win by the Bobcats over the Lakers tonight!!!!! With losses by Detroit and Chicage we are now only 1 game back from the playoffs.... A few more Laker fans for my taste tonight, but it was GREAT watching Kobe get stuffed on more than one occassion. BTW - largest crowd ever for a Bobcats game tonight... 19,568... It was stated as an "overflow" crowd, so I guess there were more people than seats. Unreal!

Edited by dbull75

UGH. I wanted to give up for this season - but now....crap. This thing could pan out.... You could see (on TV) from the first minute that Gerald had that fire in his eyes. When he's pumped, it on. The man would be just as big as Kobe if he could play like this every night (and I hate to say it - he played in a major market)

Looks like I've gotta get some tickets for Fri and Tue.......

• 2 weeks later...

Based on a conversation in another subforum, I looked on the official web site for future men's NCAA basketball host sites... It appears after 2010, there are no firm commitments for sites aside from the Final Four. I have to wonder if Charlotte is looking to land either the 1st/2nd round games or again the Regionals (Sweet 16 and Elite 8). My guess would be yes given the success of it last year. Here's to hoping that Charlotte will be a host city again! :shades: I have to imagine that we will be in a better situation by 2011 or 2012 given all the projects (hotels, Epicentre, etc) that will be completed by then...

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I just turned on ESPN to watch the NFL Draft and the Hornets/Nuggets playoff game was just concluding. Chris Berman said he'd like to welcome those watching the New Orleans-CHARLOTTE game. 7 years after their move, the Hornets name is still synonymous with Charlotte to a lot of broadcasters.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight was the NBA draft lottery... Charlotte ended up with the 12th pick. I was hoping that the Bobcats would get high enough to be able to draft Hasheem Thabeet from UConn... He's the presence underneath that they need. But not likely to get him with their pick. Will be interesting to see who they draft. Right now ESPN has them picking Gerald Henderson from Duke. He's a shooting guard, but I don't think that should be their focus if have Felton and Augustine in there...

So Bob Johnson has put the Cats up for sale. I've got to think that this is a positive thing. I'm a huge Red Sox fan and they struggled for 86 years under faulty management - bring on John Henry & company, a clear vision ... two World Series rings in 4 years.

I am not sure that MJ is the right owner - but maybe. It's hard to say.

So Bob Johnson has put the Cats up for sale. I've got to think that this is a positive thing. I'm a huge Red Sox fan and they struggled for 86 years under faulty management - bring on John Henry & company, a clear vision ... two World Series rings in 4 years.

I am not sure that MJ is the right owner - but maybe. It's hard to say.

Saw that this morning too... My only hope is that he sells to someone from Charlotte or someone with ties to Charlotte. I don't want any more of this owning the team and living 500 miles away anymore. They also need to be active in the community. The Bobcats players do a lot within the community. An owner needs to have an active role as well...