Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

I had a Krispy Kreme donut in London the other week. If they can have them in London, why can't they have them here?

Back on topic, as much as I hate to say it, I think the Bobcats made the right choice last night with Henderson. I think he'll be key in our success next year.

In other Bobcats related news... Michael Jordan is looking to get a group together to buy the team from Bob Johnson. No word on how far along this process is at the moment. But he did make these comments this evening. I view this as potentially positive...

Good back then him and a group he formed should've been the ones that got the team in the first place.

Ex-Houston Rockets President George Postolos is the head of a group giving a serious look at buying the Bobcats. He was in Charlotte a few days ago taking a tour of the city and the TWC Arena. He's part of a group that is looking to purchase a major league franchise. From some of the reading I did on this guy it sounds like he knows the NBA quite well and the business side of it also... Might be a good option for the Cats too.

Edited by dbull75

• 4 weeks later...

trade Omeka?

I mean, he DOES have cinderblocks for hands - but he's the face of the franchise... who's going to step up for the PSA's now? Felton? Ugh.

I will be sad to see Okafor go as he's a stand up guy (I've actually seen him out as he lives the Arlington), however this trade could work out well for the Bobcats. When healthy Chandler is a better center IMO. He's 3 inches taller, he can rebound and not to mention would be a great defender against someone like Dwight Howard. And how many missed free throws did Okafor have last year that cost the 'Cats wins? As far as the face of the franchise goes, I can see DJ Augustin or Gerald Wallace taking that role pretty easily.

The Bobcats released their 2009-10 schedule today. The season gets underway on Wednesday, Oct 28th @Boston. The home opener is on Friday, Oct 30th against the Knicks. Some interesting notes about the schedule... There are 19 weekend home games. Also, 8 of the last 12 games are at home. So this should give the 'Cats some help if they make a run at the playoffs (fingers crossed). Go 'Cats!

The Bobcats released their 2009-10 schedule today. The season gets underway on Wednesday, Oct 28th @Boston. The home opener is on Friday, Oct 30th against the Knicks. Some interesting notes about the schedule... There are 19 weekend home games. Also, 8 of the last 12 games are at home. So this should give the 'Cats some help if they make a run at the playoffs (fingers crossed). Go 'Cats!

NICE!!! So this presumes a couple things: The Jumper Classic will leave with Bob Johnson (or) will be a different date (or) at a different venue. Good Riddance - Go CATS!

Dbull - Make a guess at a starting line-up? I say Felton, Augestine, Diaw, Wallace, Chandler - I think they'll go with speed over power/height.

NICE!!! So this presumes a couple things: The Jumper Classic will leave with Bob Johnson (or) will be a different date (or) at a different venue. Good Riddance - Go CATS!

Dbull - Make a guess at a starting line-up? I say Felton, Augestine, Diaw, Wallace, Chandler - I think they'll go with speed over power/height.

Yea, I'm with ya on that lineup... I just hope DJ gets even more playing time this year. He was a machine when he played last year. As long as Chandler doesn't get hit with the injury bug I think the Cats will be pretty solid.

It looks like the Bobcats are going to change their jerseys based on Gerald Henderson's picture here. They will put in a narrow blue stripe and the orange will pretty much be a secondary color now. Their away jerseys will be blue with the white stripes (I assume). I actually like this look to be honest. The original jerseys were kind of bland to me.

It looks like the Bobcats are going to change their jerseys based on Gerald Henderson's picture here. They will put in a narrow blue stripe and the orange will pretty much be a secondary color now. Their away jerseys will be blue with the white stripes (I assume). I actually like this look to be honest. The original jerseys were kind of bland to me.

Nice. Classic look. My complaint about "expansion" teams (and this goes for NBA, MLB, whatever) is that their logos and colors are always very modern. Not that there is anything wrong with being modern, but a the classic sports franchise look tugs at my loyalty better - I wonder if I am alone in this.

Nice. Classic look. My complaint about "expansion" teams (and this goes for NBA, MLB, whatever) is that their logos and colors are always very modern. Not that there is anything wrong with being modern, but a the classic sports franchise look tugs at my loyalty better - I wonder if I am alone in this.

I'm with you on that... Though it's funny how the original Hornets spawned this new emphasis of "teal" in jerseys. Back in the 90's every new major league team (see Marlins, Jaguars, Devil Rays, etc) was trying to mimic that. I think the Nationals have by far the most "blah" logo/uniforms. It just seemed thrown together to me. Very boring. The new 'Cats jerseys may turn out to be pretty cool. I will be interested to see how the away one turns out. Maybe this will spawn their first playoff berth too!!

It looks like a deal to buy the Bobcats is pretty close to being done (BJ will be in town this week presumably to finalize the sale). Word out on the street is that George Postolos (a former Houston Rockets exec) is the front runner and in negotiations with Johnson. Apparently Jordan low balled Johnson at $275 million (which I honestly think is a decent offer given the current state of the franchise). Postolos' group must have something closer to Johnson's asking price.

In other Bobcats news, apparently Allen Iverson is still a potential for the Cats. However, don't look for anything to be done there until after a sale is completed.

Edited by dbull75

• 4 weeks later...

Only a couple of weeks left to change out those banners along Trade St. I think they're still Okafor, Carroll, Morrison, May, Felton... any others? Maybe keep Felton up, maybe not.

So who should go on the new banners? I always thought that the assumption that Wallace looked a little too (ahem, um...) "menacing." But he is a captain. He SHOULD be up there. I don't think you should put Chandler up there yet - they made that mistake with Morrison - put him up there before his first game. Look how that turned out. So Wallace, Bell, Diaw, Augestine, Radmonovic? ?? I think there are 6 of banners...

Only a couple of weeks left to change out those banners along Trade St. I think they're still Okafor, Carroll, Morrison, May, Felton... any others? Maybe keep Felton up, maybe not.

So who should go on the new banners? I always thought that the assumption that Wallace looked a little too (ahem, um...) "menacing." But he is a captain. He SHOULD be up there. I don't think you should put Chandler up there yet - they made that mistake with Morrison - put him up there before his first game. Look how that turned out. So Wallace, Bell, Diaw, Augestine, Radmonovic? ?? I think there are 6 of banners...

I vote for Wallace, Augustin, Diaw, Felton and Bell... Why not throw Brown in there? Also, I saw where Boris Diaw bought one of the units at The Trust... A nice, modest 3500 sqft place for $1.5 mill. BTW - I finally jumped off the fence and bought a 1/2 season ticket package (2 of them). So, I will be going to quite a few games this year! Funny how your friends immediately start telling you which games they want to go to, LOL...

The "new look" Bobcats are set to be unveiled on Sept 21st... If you go to their home page and look really close, you will see the new home unis will have that stripes in them like we had previously seen. So it seems like the new alternate logo (my avatar) will also be the primary logo of the team. I for one like it... Now if it can bring more than 40 wins and a playoff spot!

Charlotte has been awarded the 1st and 2nd round games for the 2011 Men's NCAA Bball Tournament. The games will be played on March 18 and 20, 2011 at Time Warner Cable Arena. While we had the 2008 East Regionals here, I'm noticing more and more that arenas are being phased out of the regional games. The NCAA seems to be moving more towards the retractable roof venues for these games where they can put 35k-40k fans in the seats.

EDIT: It appears the NCAA still hasn't selected the site for the 2013 East Regional. That will be determined at a later date. I believe Charlotte may be trying to get that. Atlanta has the 2012 Regional (and the 2013 Final Four) so you know it won't be them. Boston has the 2012 one they are out.

Edited by dbull75

They've taken down the banners on Trade St.!

Place your bets now...

Wallace

Felton

DJ

Diaw

Bell

Chandler

all in.

I agree with you those... Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Larry Brown on one. Not sure if you saw the Flip Murray signing or not. But that might be the most important signing they made this off season. A 6th man to come off the bench who can play different positions.... Do you have your opening night tickets yet (Oct 30th)? My wife and I are all set to go...

They've taken down the banners on Trade St.!

Place your bets now...

Wallace

Felton

DJ

Diaw

Bell

Chandler

all in.

Bobcats_Media_Day_Basketball.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.JPG

In my opinion this will be the new banner! FANTATIC NEW JERSEYS BTW. I absolutely love the pinstripes! BO BOBCATS!

Is there a "Bobcats" bar? Like that Panthers bar over on Morehead?

If there isn't I would think any of the uptown bars should officially proclaim itself "Bobcats Aftergame Bar." What would it hurt? How much does it take? Put some Bobcats stuff on the wall and maybe even see if some of the players would come in after the game and cristen it.

I've got like 8 people with me for the opener. We'd like to head over to the bar after with some other fans.

Is there a "Bobcats" bar? Like that Panthers bar over on Morehead?

If there isn't I would think any of the uptown bars should officially proclaim itself "Bobcats Aftergame Bar." What would it hurt? How much does it take? Put some Bobcats stuff on the wall and maybe even see if some of the players would come in after the game and cristen it.

I've got like 8 people with me for the opener. We'd like to head over to the bar after with some other fans.

I usually go to Wild Wing Cafe with my friends prior to a game. There's usually a decent amount of people there that go to the game. It would be nice to have a non-Epicentre bar to go to after the game though...