Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

For those that think Charlotte misses out on so many big concert tours (which I find to be totally inaccurate), Guns N' Roses is coming to the Spectrum Center on September 25th. They've been filling up football stadiums for much of the last few years, but are doing a handful of arena shows this fall. Expect that to be a sellout and expensive ticket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

NBA draft tonight.  Anyone have any speculations?  There is a lot of talk around Bol Bol right now.  This is Kupchak era now, let's see what he can do.

I've been reading a lot about Rui Hachimura from Gonzaga being a likely candidate. Would certainly bring some jersey sales and Japanese attention to the Hornets which couldn't hurt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Missmylab4 said:

Swing for the fences, Bol Bol or Kevin Porter Jr. 

If Zion doesnt last till the 12th pick, I think the high risk, high reward Bol is worth the try. 

*PJ Washington. Hornets 12th pick. There must be some red flags on Bol, still not selected. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Haha 1

Surprised no one has posted this yet, but per Woj and ESPN, Boston is the front-runner to land Kemba this off-season.  

I'm a big Hornets fan and will always root for them, but if Kemba leaves I will probably lose about 95% of my interest in the team.  Lets hope MJ realizes how important he is to the team and city and opens his wallet.

Hornets have the eighth worst record in basketball since MJ bought the team, and without looking it up Kemba is the only All Star he's drafted.  Hornets traded Tobias Harris (whoops), passed on Kawhi, Klay, Jimmy Buckets, Dame, Andre Drummond, Draymond, Giannis,  Jokic,  and Donovan Mitchell,  and have never drafted - during Jordan's ownership - a single rookie to make the all-rookie first team.

This was the worst possible outcome if Kemba goes with no compensation, but it's par for the course.  Boston had the Curse of the Bambino, Charlotte has the Curse of the Mamba.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CTiger said:

Surprised no one has posted this yet, but per Woj and ESPN, Boston is the front-runner to land Kemba this off-season.  

I'm a big Hornets fan and will always root for them, but if Kemba leaves I will probably lose about 95% of my interest in the team.  Lets hope MJ realizes how important he is to the team and city and opens his wallet.

Makes me sick to my stomach seeing this play out. If you were going to pay him, pay him. If you weren't going to pay him, then should have dealt him for something of value last year. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Mini rant... Warriors lose KD and are able to get Deangelo Russell, Celtics lose Kyrie Irving and are able to get Kemba Walker, Nets lose Deangelo Russell and are able to get KD and Kyrie. We lose Kemba and decide to hamstring ourselves with a bad, guaranteed contract for Terry Rozier.... If we needed to lose Kemba fine, but at least tank with confidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCtransplant said:

Mini rant... Warriors lose KD and are able to get Deangelo Russell, Celtics lose Kyrie Irving and are able to get Kemba Walker, Nets lose Deangelo Russell and are able to get KD and Kyrie. We lose Kemba and decide to hamstring ourselves with a bad, guaranteed contract for Terry Rozier.... If we needed to lose Kemba fine, but at least tank with confidence.

Can't even tank correctly.  What a disaster.

• Like 1

With kemba leaving, there is nothing the organization could have done to make things better...signing Rozier was an attempt to mend things...(to appear like we got something for Kemba).   Should have let the young guys get valuable starter minutes this season and get a top 5 draft pick next season.  Instead, we handout a 3 year 58 mil guaranteed contract (do we ever learn our lessons?).  MJ is the CEO...fans are the stockholders (season tix)...I'm not renewing - only voice you have as a fan imo.

Idk to laugh or cry...worst effin lineup in the league...oh and thanks Rich for those awesome contracts you handed out...looks like you rubbed off on Kupchak too.

image.png.dc4c9fb94149ed2015cacb05aacbf229.png

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

I mean we gain some flexibility next year getting out from under MKG, Marvin, Biz.  Batum will opt in after next season no matter what for his last big pay day.  Only way we'll improve is via the draft so at least Rozier's numbers won't hurt us next year.  At first I was going to reply with equal disgust but really with or without his 3 year deal we're in the same spot.  Crap contracts this year, better flexibility next.  My guess they hope he can develop in the spotlight and flip to a contender a year or two down the road for a first rounder.  Best case he shows out and he can be our Kyle Lowry if we ever learn how to draft well.  That guy has been earning $12M+ since 2014 and that didn't handcuff the team in building up assets around him.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

• 3 months later...

Was at BoJangles today and they stopped selling the pimento cheese chicken biscuit and also the pimento cheese biscuit. Promotional item manager said and ended this weekend. :tw_dissapointed:

My take: it created less profit than necessary and/or it will come back "By popular demand" at some future time. Like McRib. I miss it already.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

Was at BoJangles today and they stopped selling the pimento cheese chicken biscuit and also the pimento cheese biscuit. Promotional item manager said and ended this weekend. :tw_dissapointed:

My take: it created less profit than necessary and/or it will come back "By popular demand" at some future time. Like McRib. I miss it already.

My take: Bojangles is associated with Jake Delhomme, and this is the first step towards shaking the stink off the franchise.  Or, did you forget:

image.jpeg.58f181894fac18a34b0137e44cc7573e.jpeg

• Haha 1

This team can't do anything right.

Bojangles is a fine art. Do you want a finger painter copying a Rembrandt?

From my experience Bojangles is 50% awesome, 50% terrible depending on location. My experience suggests sports arenas fall into the latter.

Chick Fil A on the other hand is literally exactly the same everywhere. Cafeterias, arenas, always the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Bojangles is a fine art. Do you want a finger painter copying a Rembrandt?

From my experience Bojangles is 50% awesome, 50% terrible depending on location. My experience suggests sports arenas fall into the latter.

Chick Fil A on the other hand is literally exactly the same everywhere. Cafeterias, arenas, always the same.

My pleasure.

ObligatoryHornets:  Looks like the Hornets are using Kemba to sell tickets in their google banner ads.  I don't know if that's pathetic or smart or both.  hahahahaha

kemba.jpg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...