Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

They are waring these ridicules CHA jerseys tonight.
Sending an email not renewing my season tix, wasn’t going to anyway to be honest, that they need to step up and fight for CLT. CHA makes no sense. First time I saw it in 2012 I was like wtf Chicago. Charlotte is the CLT and we need to use and brand more around it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They have long used CHA in reporting NBA scores but I hate this.   Our airport is so dominate and CLT is how so many people abbreviate Charlotte around here.   This came down obviously from NYC but should have been protested by the Hornets.  I will NEVER buy anything that says CHA on it as long as I live I can assure you of that.  Maybe I will start calling Knicks the NOR Knicks hey all those letters are in New York or the BTN Celtics.   

Some stupid team may end up in CHA  Chattanooga and it would serve them right.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

I like a lot of the other team's city jerseys.  It's a chance to do something fun and different.  We just went with basic gray jerseys?  Gray?  That bothers me more than anything, but I guess it's kinda fitting.

Personally, I would have rather seen Queen City or QC than CHA/CLT.  Some of the other jerseys out there - Motor City, Rip City, Sactown, Peachtree, H-Town, The Town, Cream City (lol what?)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Tonight is the night!  ESPN 8pmET.  The Hornets have a chance to bring in more top tier young talent.  Do we trade up (for Wisemen), do we take best player on the board at #3...so many different reports out there...we'll see...just don't mess it up!

C'mon Wiseman or Edwards.  Right or wrong LaMelo scares me it's the MKG PTSD of drafting someone that high with the difficulty to shoot mid-range or the 3

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

C'mon Wiseman or Edwards.  Right or wrong LaMelo scares me it's the MKG PTSD of drafting someone that high with the difficulty to shoot mid-range or the 3

Yeah, I don't think we could go wrong with any of those 3...Melo is a bit questionable with his shooting, however, he would bring some national attention here in the media and would prob help fill seats.  We are pretty stacked at PG tho with Rozier and Graham...but Mitch has always said take the best on the board.  I do think we need a center tho in Wiseman.  Coty is decent but would be a backup on most playoff teams.  Wonder if we make any moves to secure Wiseman?  I dont see him slipping to the 3rd pick though.

• 2 weeks later...

30 mil is a lot.  I hope he plays well.  I will say this though...regardless of your thoughts on Ball and GH's contract...this is the most hype and publicity the hornets have received in years.  I just hate attendance won't be in effect bc these first games would be sell outs!  Expecting big things from our rising stars too, Graham, PJ, Miles.  We'll see how everyone gels on the 12th (preseason).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Serious question. Why are there so many Melo Ball fanboys in the comment sections of every Hornets related post?  I'll take all the extra fans as we can get, but his fans/followers just make me chuckle. He is playing well though and if he keeps it up, may take a starting position sooner than later.  Still need a real center tho that's not named Cody or Biz.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Serious question. Why are there so many Melo Ball fanboys in the comment sections of every Hornets related post?  I'll take all the extra fans as we can get, but his fans/followers just make me chuckle. He is playing well though and if he keeps it up, may take a starting position sooner than later.  Still need a real center tho that's not named Cody or Biz.

The power of social media I suppose. I agree, it gets a bit crazy but I like Charlotte getting the extra attention as a small-market team.

Also youngest player to have a Triple Double in NBA history last night!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

That's why its crazy we beat the Bucks.  I think having Zeller back helps a lot.   We have a tough stretch of games coming up though, gotta snag a win or two to stay afloat.  Sixers are tonight lol.  Top team in the east.  If we can stay hot from the 3 again we should be able to keep up.  PJ Washington is out though, not sure about Rozier either. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

March 5-9: All-Star break
 March 10-May 16: Second Half of regular season
 March 25: NBA Trade Deadline
 May 13-15: Class of 2020 Hall of Fame Enshrinement
 May 18-21: Play-In Tournament
 May 22-July 22: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Most vaccines should be distributed by then.  If so, I don't see  the NBA doing a bubble scenario again. I would hope 50% by then but you never know.  All I know is is this team is rolling (current 4 game winning streak, tied for 5th in the east.  Uptown needs fans at the games just as much as the Hornets.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

March 5-9: All-Star break
 March 10-May 16: Second Half of regular season
 March 25: NBA Trade Deadline
 May 13-15: Class of 2020 Hall of Fame Enshrinement
 May 18-21: Play-In Tournament
 May 22-July 22: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Most vaccines should be distributed by then.  If so, I don't see  the NBA doing a bubble scenario again. I would hope 50% by then but you never know.  All I know is is this team is rolling (current 4 game winning streak, tied for 5th in the east.  Uptown needs fans at the games just as much as the Hornets.  

Agreed, even though they’ve only had 3k fans that has to be a boost to some of the bars and restaurants that are left around the arena. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

Agreed, even though they’ve only had 3k fans that has to be a boost to some of the bars and restaurants that are left around the arena. 

I don’t know where I’m going to go now that my favorite pregame spot, Fitzgerald’s, closed down lol. I hope something cool opens up there someday. Great location. Looking forward to the B Tower stuff opening up too. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Current pace is 50% vaccinations across the country by May 15, and that date has been steadily improving as the pace has increased. Unless there is really concerning data about the variants (especially the "South Africa" variant), I would expect restrictions to be raised substantially by then, though not entirely eliminated. I think 50% occupancy by late May seems entirely within reality. 

Edit: Case in point: the projection is now May 14 :tw_mask:

Edited by tozmervo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1