Raintree21

Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

They are waring these ridicules CHA jerseys tonight.
Sending an email not renewing my season tix, wasn’t going to anyway to be honest, that they need to step up and fight for CLT. CHA makes no sense. First time I saw it in 2012 I was like wtf Chicago. Charlotte is the CLT and we need to use and brand more around it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They have long used CHA in reporting NBA scores but I hate this.   Our airport is so dominate and CLT is how so many people abbreviate Charlotte around here.   This came down obviously from NYC but should have been protested by the Hornets.  I will NEVER buy anything that says CHA on it as long as I live I can assure you of that.  Maybe I will start calling Knicks the NOR Knicks hey all those letters are in New York or the BTN Celtics.   

Some stupid team may end up in CHA  Chattanooga and it would serve them right.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

I like a lot of the other team's city jerseys.  It's a chance to do something fun and different.  We just went with basic gray jerseys?  Gray?  That bothers me more than anything, but I guess it's kinda fitting.

Personally, I would have rather seen Queen City or QC than CHA/CLT.  Some of the other jerseys out there - Motor City, Rip City, Sactown, Peachtree, H-Town, The Town, Cream City (lol what?)

• Like 3

Tonight is the night!  ESPN 8pmET.  The Hornets have a chance to bring in more top tier young talent.  Do we trade up (for Wisemen), do we take best player on the board at #3...so many different reports out there...we'll see...just don't mess it up!

47 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Tonight is the night!  ESPN 8pmET.  The Hornets have a chance to bring in more top tier young talent.  Do we trade up (for Wisemen), do we take best player on the board at #3...so many different reports out there...we'll see...just don't mess it up!

C'mon Wiseman or Edwards.  Right or wrong LaMelo scares me it's the MKG PTSD of drafting someone that high with the difficulty to shoot mid-range or the 3

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

C'mon Wiseman or Edwards.  Right or wrong LaMelo scares me it's the MKG PTSD of drafting someone that high with the difficulty to shoot mid-range or the 3

Yeah, I don't think we could go wrong with any of those 3...Melo is a bit questionable with his shooting, however, he would bring some national attention here in the media and would prob help fill seats.  We are pretty stacked at PG tho with Rozier and Graham...but Mitch has always said take the best on the board.  I do think we need a center tho in Wiseman.  Coty is decent but would be a backup on most playoff teams.  Wonder if we make any moves to secure Wiseman?  I dont see him slipping to the 3rd pick though.

Thoughts on Hayward? I really like him and hope he does well, but paying $39M/year (when you include the waiving of Batum's contract) is a LOT.

• Like 1

Go all in on contending with Gordon Hayward. Trade Cody, matching salary, and your unprotected 2022 first round pick for Blake Griffin.  We’ll throw in Derrick Rose, too. 

With love,

A lifelong Pistons fan who can’t adopt the Hornets until Jordan is gone

30 mil is a lot.  I hope he plays well.  I will say this though...regardless of your thoughts on Ball and GH's contract...this is the most hype and publicity the hornets have received in years.  I just hate attendance won't be in effect bc these first games would be sell outs!  Expecting big things from our rising stars too, Graham, PJ, Miles.  We'll see how everyone gels on the 12th (preseason).

• Like 3

Serious question. Why are there so many Melo Ball fanboys in the comment sections of every Hornets related post?  I'll take all the extra fans as we can get, but his fans/followers just make me chuckle. He is playing well though and if he keeps it up, may take a starting position sooner than later.  Still need a real center tho that's not named Cody or Biz.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Serious question. Why are there so many Melo Ball fanboys in the comment sections of every Hornets related post?  I'll take all the extra fans as we can get, but his fans/followers just make me chuckle. He is playing well though and if he keeps it up, may take a starting position sooner than later.  Still need a real center tho that's not named Cody or Biz.

The power of social media I suppose. I agree, it gets a bit crazy but I like Charlotte getting the extra attention as a small-market team.

Also youngest player to have a Triple Double in NBA history last night!

• Like 3