Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bigacito said:

I am excited for what he could become, definitely not the player he is today.  I think as long as everyone tempers their expectations that he's very athletic which you can't teach, but very raw as a player then I hope we can give him enough time to develop.  Depending how the rotation plays out I could see him split some time between us and the Swarm, maybe if there are a few days between Hornets games with something up in Greensboro in between.  He, JT Thor, and Scottie Lewis just need the reps..

Which honestly is a great approach versus the old days of the limited athlete, four year college guys we're used to seeing the Bobcats then Hornets draft.  These guys are all regarded for their intangibles (length, athletic, ability to play/guard multiple positions) but they just need the reps and time to develop to put it all together.   Shows the front office believes in their development abilities ala the Raptors, Bucks and Spurs

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

Kai has the right attitude and will work hard to improve...I think he has a lot of upside.  Hell, if he can catch the ball, he's already better than Biz.  I like Zeller but he'd be a backup on any decent team.

*Forgot we also got Plumee...don't expect Biz/Zeller to both be here when the season starts.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

• 2 months later...

Heard coach mention this during post interview and saw a few things mentioned on twitter about the attendance in the 1st quarter.  I was out of town and couldn't attend the game, but was there long lines trying to enter the arena or were fans showing up late?  I did see one pic of an extremely long line.  If so, hopefully they explore ways to expedite the ticket scanning process.  I know the Panthers had similar issues with this & came up with some ways to make things more efficient.  From watching on TV, the placed looked packed in the 2nd half.

22 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Heard coach mention this during post interview and saw a few things mentioned on twitter about the attendance in the 1st quarter.  I was out of town and couldn't attend the game, but was there long lines trying to enter the arena or were fans showing up late?  I did see one pic of an extremely long line.  If so, hopefully they explore ways to expedite the ticket scanning process.  I know the Panthers had similar issues with this & came up with some ways to make things more efficient.  From watching on TV, the placed looked packed in the 2nd half.

Charlotte is becoming the new Miami! Neon lights and people showing up to the game in the 2nd quarter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Every time they post a picture of one of the CHA jerseys on social, the comments light up.  If they aren't going to replace CHA with CLT, I don't know how they haven't abandoned CHA altogether and gone in a different direction. "Charlotte" or "Hornets" would be a significant upgrade over CHA.  They need to hire a chief fan officer like Charlotte FC, because somebody is disconnected.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Hey guys!  There's not a ticket exchange thread on UP so I figured this is the best place to ask.  I dont have twitter or IG to DM/inquire about this but was wondering if any of you are season ticket holders (or know someone) that are trying to sell their Hornets tickets to tomorrow's game against the Lakers.  I will need two tickets and they will be for Hornets fans only.  The prices are crazy on stubhub so just inquiring here.  Please DM if you have any info, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t tell you when the next new tower is going to rise but I can tell you when I see some shi**y refs. That missed call that they refused to review is just a travesty. Hornets should have won 97-96 after the first OT.  It’s also sickening we can’t close these games out with 4th quarter leads, esp at home. Dwindling down the playin ranks…going to be an uphill battle to reach the playoffs. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 7:20 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Big game tonight vs Hawks. Bally sports shows a lot of aerial views of spectrum center and made me think that the top of the arena should have Michael Jordans jump man logo on top and have it lit at night time. Would think that would be pretty cool. It’s just too blank on top. 
7A9F1954-A9EE-4163-B3C1-2C920461F148.jpeg.edfd734860f3f4c44167c5ef39faa864.jpeg

Four years ago they had to make repairs to that roof. What you see here is not what was there originally. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am a college hoops fan who has always struggled to find a reason to root for the second incarnation of the Hornets. Drafting Brandon Miller aint gonna help me build a relationship with this team. I’ll admit he can be exciting to watch on the court, but his baggage is hard to look past.

Edited by kermit

• 5 months later...