Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Brass Bonanza

Need a suit FAST!

9 posts in this topic

I just found out I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I need to find a place where I can buy a suit tomorrow morning and not pay an arm and a leg for it. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Mark

I've always liked Men's Wearhouse in Manchester/S. Windsor. If you get a straight cuffed bottom, they may be able to tailor it that night. They have always been very accommodating to me.

DON"T GO CHEAP!

Get a good suit and it will pay off over the next five years. It will also make a MUCH better impression at the interview.

DON"T GO CHEAP!

Get a good suit and it will pay off over the next five years. It will also make a MUCH better impression at the interview.

I agree also, but if one must go cheap and is of a common size, say 40r to 42r, they should try out a local thrift store.

I wanted to add to this post a while ago, but just joined the board so here goes.

Lord&Taylor @ Westfarms.

I went to every place that sells suits in Greater hartford and SE CT looking for a nice suit at a reasonable price leading up to my wedding.

I found the best quality for price at Lord and taylors.

I ended up buying 2 Suits, both Ralph Loren for something like 600. They were each $550 Suits, marked off 40% due to the season changing, and you get 10% for using a LT card. and 15% additional for opening a card. Most men do not have a L&T card like myself, so its a prime time to do so. That price also included tayloring, pair of Shoes, and a Tie. Everything was at a pretty rediculous discount. I am sure the Suit is no longer needed by the origonal poster, but for any future shoppers, I am very satisfied with my purchase.