Macon Mall

cyclingundertheson

You may be right, all I know is that Google Earth's "Kathleen" marker is way over at the intersection of US 129/GA 247 and GA 127.

That's considered Bonaire over there.they pretty much run into each other at 129. Bonaire from 247 -129 and Kathleen from 129-75.then there are some points that are in both.niether is an incorporated city right now.Bonaire has about 20,000 people and Kathleen about 15,000.last i heard.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised Macy's is still building new stores... I guess b/c in GA they are more prevalent, here in NC they only took over all the old Hecht's stores (except one) but have not built any new stores.

The Macy's they're going to bulid in Henry county is more of a replacement for the Macys that closed at Southlake Mall.

Thanks George, that link provides a lot of vital information. It is kinda funny, but just for fun I knew Henry was lacking in the type of retail it could support, so I designed a regional shopping mall (yes enclosed) but more like the new Crystals in Las Vegas. I decided that Jodeco Road on the southbound side was the best fit from what I could see with Google Satellite, and placed the new mall in the same exact spot as the Summit.

The Summit in Birmingham is beautiful, and that is the only one I have seen and been to. Just down I-459 of course is the Riverchase Galleria with Sears, Macy's, Belk in one former department store, and Belk Home on the upper level of a former department store, (I think Parisian and McRae's were the original department stores) and then JCPenney. And they have just announced that the department store Von Maur, that is making its entry into the Southeast will gut and remodel what was the original Macy's at Center Court and occupy that space.

I like both Macy's and Dillard's, but I wonder why Belk did not choose to go in the Summit, considering they only have that small one level store in the Henry Town Center. Then of course one exit down southbound you have SouthPoint which I understand was originally going to be an enclosed mall with Atlanta developer Tom Cousins teaming up with Simon Properties. They built a large one level JCPenney that is very nice on one end, and Kohl's on the other end, with the developer stating that the majority of the space left would be dedicated to Big Box retailers, so I can understand why JCPenney is not going to be part of The Summit, but I still can not understand why Belk would not take the opportunity to build a store like the one at The Shoppes At River Crossing. The name of the new mall would have been, "The Collection At Jodeco." ( and name subject to change)

The good thing is my parents who live in Jackson can either go south to The Shoppes, or north to the Summit, and I usually shop when I go down to Macon, or spend a weekend day with my parents. Most boutiques in Phipps Plaza or Lenox Square are beyond my checking account lol, except for maybe a high end accessory here and there lol. Maybe the next phase of the retail component will add a new department store or two. Maybe Von Maur??

Just Crumbs and Beauty Box have closed.

They open and before you learn how to get to them, they are already closed. But like I said Hull Storey Gibson at their big press conference said they welcomed ANY input from the community, which is or was around 10 counties. So I called and a guy named Michael said "We have it under control, everything is in place, we know what we are doing", and then slammed the phone in my face. That is when I said the hell with this, I will just concentrate on The Shoppes and talk with Mr. Baker the General Manager of The Shoppes from time to time, and if I can think of anything that might add to the shopping experience I will share it with Mr. Baker.

I finally got some photos from my brother that lives in Macon of the demolition of East Wing. Parisian is gone and the parking decks that were in front of the mall are gone, I would assume the parking decks in the rear of the mall will also be demolished, and also part of the mall is demolished. And is it correct that they are not going to demolish the old Dillard's building?

Ahh, It looks like this is not easy like it used to be. Either this computer has gone crazy or Microsoft is messing with my head, so I guess I will have to make a trip down to Cherry Blossomland and let my brother show me what I am doing wrong. Maybe it is all of these changes on UP? Eh? :dunno:

I finally got some photos from my brother that lives in Macon of the demolition of East Wing. Parisian is gone and the parking decks that were in front of the mall are gone, I would assume the parking decks in the rear of the mall will also be demolished, and also part of the mall is demolished. And is it correct that they are not going to demolish the old Dillard's building?

Ahh, It looks like this is not easy like it used to be. Either this computer has gone crazy or Microsoft is messing with my head, so I guess I will have to make a trip down to Cherry Blossomland and let my brother show me what I am doing wrong. Maybe it is all of these changes on UP? Eh? :dunno:

yes they're leaving the Dillards building standing.It was part of an agreement with the remaining anchors to fill it instead of tear it down.to keep stores like Macys and J.C.Pennys from leaving.

yes they're leaving the Dillards building standing.It was part of an agreement with the remaining anchors to fill it instead of tear it down.to keep stores like Macys and J.C.Pennys from leaving.

Who's going to fill it if it's no longer connected to the mall? Not that I think anyone would be likely to fill at anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think Burlington wants to move.I know the mall is going after T.J. Max.

I wonder if Sears closing will cause Macy's to relocate to north Macon? maybe at The Shoppes at River Crossing or River Crossing Marketplace or even Providence Village.

IF i were Fickling Id tell Target they can go into Marketplace at bass if the ever decided to build and get Macy's to anchor the North Macon Plaza development.

aslo i posted on the mall's facebook page. how will this effect them? and within an hour they deleted my question.talking about bad P.R..

I don't think Burlington wants to move.I know the mall is going after T.J. Max.

I wonder if Sears closing will cause Macy's to relocate to north Macon? maybe at The Shoppes at River Crossing or River Crossing Marketplace or even Providence Village.

IF i were Fickling Id tell Target they can go into Marketplace at bass if the ever decided to build and get Macy's to anchor the North Macon Plaza development.

aslo i posted on the mall's facebook page. how will this effect them? and within an hour they deleted my question.talking about bad P.R..

I don't know why TJMaxx would want to open there, considering their old store right across the street was closed several years ago.

And that doesn't surprise me about the Facebook thing. Every aspect of HSG is terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived