Macon Mall

cyclingundertheson

What's the chance of the mall closing? It sounds like it is in really bad shape with so many stores closing. I imagine it is because the Macon market is so over-saturated with new developments. Is that the case?

I don't think that the Mall will close once it is sold and thing back order it will pick back up, i think that the economy is the cause of so many stores closing not Macon's Market, because the stores that closed, Closed stores nation wide not just in Macon. Dillard's and Circuit city had planned to keep both of there stores open with 2nd locations in Macon until the bad economy hit.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is the MAcon Mall draggin their feet on the fix? This is getting out of hand.

The bigest problem is that the mall has a negative equity(vauled at 80%less than 3 years ago)

so any improvments would have to be paid for in cash.the bank that holds the note for the

mall has already lost about 30 million on the mall.with the economy the way it is,the malls

bad location,and the new developments on the north side of town,it's only a matter of

time before they will close or tear most of it down.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't blame the economy for stores leaving the macon mall,most of them just moved to River Crossing.

there are some store moving into the mall,just not big national chains.The mall is postioning its self to be more

of a local mall geard toward the area it's in.

How long is the mall going to stay open? Im sure that Abercrombie & Fitch and Victoria's Secret do not want to be in the dead wing of the mall...they really don't want to be at the mall. Abercrombie & Fitch's problem is that they need a store in Macon, and there is none planned for River Crossing or anywhere else (as far as I know). So, they will just have to stay at the mall.

Most stores are waiting for their lease to run out,then either relocate or leave Macon.

Like some have done Edddie Bauer,The Limted,Mori,and FYE have all left Macon.

I don't think the Mall is going to close I think if it can hold on until 2010, things will start to pick back up.......It just hard to maintain and recruit merchants because of the economy problems.....Because before the Economic problems most of the store that that left the Mall for Because of locations in North Macon had originally planned to have second locations in Macon Like Dillards, Gap and etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived