Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyclingundertheson

REI in Augusta

9 posts in this topic

We need a REI (Recreational Equipment Inc) in Augusta. With the various kyaking and outdoor sports in the CSRA, we are long overdue for a quality sporting goods store without having to drive to Atlanta. The Village at Riverwatch would be a great location for REI since Dicks backed out of the village development.

We need a REI (Recreational Equipment Inc) in Augusta. With the various kyaking and outdoor sports in the CSRA, we are long overdue for a quality sporting goods store without having to drive to Atlanta. The Village at Riverwatch would be a great location for REI since Dicks backed out of the village development.

Speaking of outdoor type stores, has anyone in the Augusta area heard the rumor about a Bass Pro Shops coming to the North Augusta area? I was reading through either the website for the City of North Augusta OR the Hammonds Ferry website and it mentioned this as a rumor.

Speaking of outdoor type stores, has anyone in the Augusta area heard the rumor about a Bass Pro Shops coming to the North Augusta area? I was reading through either the website for the City of North Augusta OR the Hammonds Ferry website and it mentioned this as a rumor.

I have also heard that Bass Pro is coming to the area. However, I had been told that they were looking at land around I-20 and Lewiston road in Columbia County. If you have every looked at where other bass pro are located, they are all off of major highways or interstates, leading me to believe it will be located somewhere right off I-20. I think the developers of village at riverwatch should be trying to lure bass pro to their location.

I was going to say the same thing about Bass Pro coming to The Village at Riverwatch. In fact if you look at their updated website it says there will be a third major anchor besides Belk and Dillard's and it could very well be Bass Pro.

^ Yep, I keep hearing Costco is off I-20/Wheeler.

You guys just let me know when PF Chang's opens and I'll drive up. By the way, I was in town this weekend, drove around on Bobby Jones, and it was amazing how much it's changed.