Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redbaron

Old-Style Trolley Makes Hartford Debut

6 posts in this topic

Free Trolley To Make 19 Park Street Stops - article and video from wfsb

It's about time, I've been waiting for one of these in Hartford for a while. The Trolley will be great especially when Plaza Mayor opens linking it down to Pope Commons. I wish the Star Shuttle had the same Old-Style appearance... Now if we can get a few more of these going, how bout connecting Hartford to West Hartford down Farmington or Asylum...

It will give a San Fransico feel to Park Street.

Free Trolley To Make 19 Park Street Stops - article and video from wfsb

It's about time, I've been waiting for one of these in Hartford for a while. The Trolley will be great especially when Plaza Mayor opens linking it down to Pope Commons. I wish the Star Shuttle had the same Old-Style appearance... Now if we can get a few more of these going, how bout connecting Hartford to West Hartford down Farmington or Asylum...

Where exactly on Park Street is it going to stop so that it won't stop traffic?

This is great for residents of Park Street, but without a connection downtown, I don't see it bringing in many new shoppers to Park Street. Hopefully this becomes successful and ignites debate for an actual trolley system in Hartford, and not just what is essentially a stylish bus service.

we would have to focus on getting people INTO hartford before deciding to build a real trolley system - which may be entirely too expensive given what hartford has to offer. Perhaps commuter rail should be the focus right now. one step at a time.