Restaurant Development in Little Rock Metro area

ALSO NEW TO LITTLE ROCK..

Just confirmed with a source at Trios...

Capi from Trio's and the Pleasant Ridge are ironing out the details for a Tapa's/Wine bar to move into the former Imagine Restaurant locations.

If you've ever been to a nice Tapas bar say in Austin, Texas or other large cities, done right the food can be a lot of fun and tasty.. definitely a creative addition to the Little Rock food scene.

The manager also promises a broad selection of inexpensive, but stimulating wines along with Very Premium Wines availabe by the glass, as an inert gas system will be integrated with the bar area...

I for one thinks this is a great idea, and for now it appears to be a done deal....

Can't wait :rolleyes:

There is a tapas bar/restaurant in Hot Springs, anyone been there?

I hear this deal has fallen through, the rent is just too high. Imagine was paying $8,000 per month. Another restaurant in Pleasant Ridge is apparently doing well. Is Bonefish a franchise or company owned?

The latest is that the deal is back on with Trios participating. The rent will be much less than $8,000. Schickel Development bought all the furniture and fixtures at Imagine's sale and is including them in the rent of the wine/tapas bar.

Update on Marketplace Grill in the latest Arkansas Business. Construction is about to begin in earnest this month, with an opening targeted for early next year. In addition, this location will be a prototype, incorporating a drive-up window from its Marketplace Express locations for pick-up customers.

Update on Marketplace Grill in the latest Arkansas Business. Construction is about to begin in earnest this month, with an opening targeted for early next year. In addition, this location will be a prototype, incorporating a drive-up window from its Marketplace Express locations for pick-up customers.

I wonder what the five other sites were that Marketplace Grill was considering? I still personally find this selection mildly perplexing. Regardless, I really like the restaurant and look forward to it opening.

By the way, we went to Copeland's today and I thought it was FABULOUS! Great food all the way around. Compared to other Copeland's locations, I found some parts of the interior decor superior (like the fascinating fountain in the entry vestibule), yet others - like the main dining area - peculiarly sparse. All-in-all a great restaurant however!

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard from a co-worker...

The restaurant/bar area at the Best Western Governors Suites, near Pleasant Valley, will soon open as an Italian restaurant. It seems that it's been over a year since the last time an active restaurant was there.

Man, I never realized there was a restaurant there.

Man, I never realized there was a restaurant there.

Me either. It was always a strange place for a hotel so far off the main thoroughfares.

Does anyone remember that when the adjacent shopping center was developed (Market Street), that it was envisioned as an enclosed mall? There used to be a Benetton and other national retailers that were located there - this was the mid-late 80's.

Me either. It was always a strange place for a hotel so far off the main thoroughfares.

Does anyone remember that when the adjacent shopping center was developed (Market Street), that it was envisioned as an enclosed mall? There used to be a Benetton and other national retailers that were located there - this was the mid-late 80's.

I remember that, although I didn't think it was ever supposed to be an enclosed mall. I do remember Loehman's was there (the center was actually called Loehman's Plaza) and some various clothing stores. Terrible location.

Speaking of Benetton's, remember how many locations they tried and failed in? I remember that one, Pavilion in the Park, McCain, maybe the Main Street Mall and Lakewood Village. Am I missing one? No one ever seemed to grasp that sweaters year-round would not sell here.

I remember that, although I didn't think it was ever supposed to be an enclosed mall. I do remember Loehman's was there (the center was actually called Loehman's Plaza) and some various clothing stores. Terrible location.

Speaking of Benetton's, remember how many locations they tried and failed in? I remember that one, Pavilion in the Park, McCain, maybe the Main Street Mall and Lakewood Village. Am I missing one? No one ever seemed to grasp that sweaters year-round would not sell here.

Ha! Forgot about Main Street Mall (not sure about Lakewood...I was thinking its a newer development than Benettons. Bet you weren't aware of this one?

El Dorado...on the square.

Ha! Forgot about Main Street Mall (not sure about Lakewood...I was thinking its a newer development than Benettons. Bet you weren't aware of this one?

El Dorado...on the square.

No, I wasn't. But thanks for letting me know there's one that makes less sense than Loehman's Plaza.

• 2 weeks later...

I was speaking with someone the other day who recently relocated to Little Rock from the Dallas area. He said that he'd heard the Pappas family from Dallas had been surveying for property to buy - supposedly out near the Chenal/Cantrell intersection (seems a bit far out, no?), presumably for a multi-restaurant site to house their chain of restaurants.

Let me just say that if this were true, I would just die. I absolutely LOVE Pappadeaux's!!!! It's my favorite restaurant in the whole, big, wide world.... But, as much as I'd like for this to be true, I'm suspect. Especially since I'm aware that the developers of Shackleford Crossings told me that they'd tried to get them onboard a few years ago, but they declined. Perhaps things have changed.

Anyone else heard about this?

I was speaking with someone the other day who recently relocated to Little Rock from the Dallas area. He said that he'd heard the Pappas family from Dallas had been surveying for property to buy - supposedly out near the Chenal/Cantrell intersection (seems a bit far out, no?), presumably for a multi-restaurant site to house their chain of restaurants.

Let me just say that if this were true, I would just die. I absolutely LOVE Pappadeaux's!!!! It's my favorite restaurant in the whole, big, wide world.... But, as much as I'd like for this to be true, I'm suspect. Especially since I'm aware that the developers of Shackleford Crossings told me that they'd tried to get them onboard a few years ago, but they declined. Perhaps things have changed.

Anyone else heard about this?

I thought I posted this here somewhere but, yes, they are looking at the west side of the Chenal/Cantrell intersection east of Pulaski Robinson for a multi-restaurant complex.

I agree, having Pappadeaux's that close would be terrific, it's even better than Cajun's and Copeland's. They also have pretty terrific Mexican (Pappacito's) and BBQ (Pappas Bros BBQ). They have pizza (Pappa's Pizza) and steak (Pappas Steakhouse) as well but the latter is very expensive, too high end for LR right now.

There's a Pappadeaux's in Albequerque, which I consider a similar market.

I thought I posted this here somewhere but, yes, they are looking at the west side of the Chenal/Cantrell intersection east of Pulaski Robinson for a multi-restaurant complex.

I agree, having Pappadeaux's that close would be terrific, it's even better than Cajun's and Copeland's. They also have pretty terrific Mexican (Pappacito's) and BBQ (Pappas Bros BBQ). They have pizza (Pappa's Pizza) and steak (Pappas Steakhouse) as well but the latter is very expensive, too high end for LR right now.

There's a Pappadeaux's in Albequerque, which I consider a similar market.

That's just awesome. Thanks for confirming Apork - I know you have "connections"!

What would you say are the odds of them actually following through, and what are your thoughts on the location? Again, this is SO far removed from a freeway, and even worse, from very much traffic (not for long I'm sure). It seems like they'd be much more interested in Park Avenue or Promenade to build off of other traffic.

After just a couple of months in business - Pasta Patch on Chenal Parkway has already closed. It's dark and a sign on the door says that employees will have their checks mailed to them.

Not really sure why someone thought this restaurant would work when Fazzoli's had failed with the exact same concept in the same location, but here's hoping that someone else comes along with something different. It's a great location.

After just a couple of months in business - Pasta Patch on Chenal Parkway has already closed. It's dark and a sign on the door says that employees will have their checks mailed to them.

Not really sure why someone thought this restaurant would work when Fazzoli's had failed with the exact same concept in the same location, but here's hoping that someone else comes along with something different. It's a great location.

Well, we could start with bad move number one. The name. Pasta Patch? I mean, seriously...

Second, it wasn't very good. Item one should have been a clue.

Well, we could start with bad move number one. The name. Pasta Patch? I mean, seriously...

Second, it wasn't very good. Item one should have been a clue.

Most people I know were hesitant to try it because of the name 'Pasta Patch'. I ate there once and it was actually pretty good for fast food Italian - way superior to Sbarro. Its a shame it didn't last a little longer.

Most people I know were hesitant to try it because of the name 'Pasta Patch'. I ate there once and it was actually pretty good for fast food Italian - way superior to Sbarro. Its a shame it didn't last a little longer.

I went the second week they were open. The name was actually the reason I went...just to see how it was. But the sauces were really light and very skimp. I didn't feel like it was worth my money to eat there. Many of the people I've talked to felt like that was the main reason they didn't want to go back. I agree with the person on this board that said that the concept was too familiar with Fazoli's to succeed. Perhaps having a Noodles & Co. or something else would have worked.

I went the second week they were open. The name was actually the reason I went...just to see how it was. But the sauces were really light and very skimp. I didn't feel like it was worth my money to eat there. Many of the people I've talked to felt like that was the main reason they didn't want to go back. I agree with the person on this board that said that the concept was too familiar with Fazoli's to succeed. Perhaps having a Noodles & Co. or something else would have worked.

I thought it was terrible, worse than Fazoli's. I wasn't surprised at all that it closed. That location won't have trouble find a replacement.

I keep seeing ads on local tv for Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, and Dave and Buster's restaurants. Does anyone have any news on when or if these restaurants are coming to Little Rock? I thought at one time that a Red Robin's was going to open at Shackleford Crossing but haven't heard anything recently. Also I had read where a Ben and Jerry's was originally going into The Promenade at Chenal. Is this still a possibilty with Maggie Moo's having opened there? Might it open elsewhere in the area?

Thanks

I keep seeing ads on local tv for Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, and Dave and Buster's restaurants. Does anyone have any news on when or if these restaurants are coming to Little Rock? I thought at one time that a Red Robin's was going to open at Shackleford Crossing but haven't heard anything recently. Also I had read where a Ben and Jerry's was originally going into The Promenade at Chenal. Is this still a possibilty with Maggie Moo's having opened there? Might it open elsewhere in the area?

Thanks

I believe those are regional advertisements, and not specific to our market (I also see a lot of Boston Market commercials).

I was told that Red Robin had decided not to enter the market at all (haven't some or all closed in NWA?)

Unsure about Ben and Jerry's, but Haagen Dazs is to open in the Heights.

Actually, I spoke to the regional manager of Red Robin via email a few months back. He said that they plan to put a restaurant in North Little Rock (McCain Mall/Lakewood Village area) and one in Little Rock (Chenal area). I emailed him again and he said that the projects have been put on hold, but they do plan to come to our market.

What I have heard about Joe's Crab Shack.... They were originally looking at the NLR Tia's site... I haven't heard anything in a long time though... Probably not happening! So much for Zapata Grill – which is already gone. :mellow:

Edited by jnholmes

I believe those are regional advertisements, and not specific to our market (I also see a lot of Boston Market commercials).

I was told that Red Robin had decided not to enter the market at all (haven't some or all closed in NWA?)

Unsure about Ben and Jerry's, but Haagen Dazs is to open in the Heights.

Ben and Jerry's is going through a rough spot right now with their franchisees. I think their franchise growth in the states will slow dramatically. I've been wrong about that before though. I like the Haagen Dazs brand. My guess is that they will be particularly successful in the Heights. There is a Haagen Dazs Shop at Branson Landing and the store there is very well done. Hope this one does just as well.

That's just awesome. Thanks for confirming Apork - I know you have "connections"!

What would you say are the odds of them actually following through, and what are your thoughts on the location? Again, this is SO far removed from a freeway, and even worse, from very much traffic (not for long I'm sure). It seems like they'd be much more interested in Park Avenue or Promenade to build off of other traffic.

To be honest, I was really surprised they didn't go for Col Glenn, that's more of their typical type of location, direct highway frontage. When they go in, it usually means 5 or more restaurants in close proximity and they need a lot of space to do it. That site would be odd, I agree. Nonetheless, Stodola pushed for some zoning changes to enable this, so it must be getting far along.

Oddly enough, at one point Sears checked out that site.

Plumbing records indicate an application for an "Eddie Haskell's" restaurant, oddly enough on Market Street. I've seen an Eddie Haskells in Roger's...unsure if it's still open. It looked similar in concept to a Johnny Rockets. I guess this could be some local outfit not associated with the restaurant...I just question whether it is due to the odd location.