Restaurant Development in Little Rock Metro area

Just as Five Guys is about to open in Lakewood Village, today's paper says that a second location will open on Chenal Parkway just west of the center where Cold Stone Creamery is. Shame they couldn't have just taken the old Java location, but it'll still be good to have one in WLR. Opening should be next spring.

Edited by adman0468

• 3 weeks later...

Just as Five Guys is about to open in Lakewood Village, today's paper says that a second location will open on Chenal Parkway just west of the center where Cold Stone Creamery is. Shame they couldn't have just taken the old Java location, but it'll still be good to have one in WLR. Opening should be next spring.

That is a shame. Five Guys doesn't really take up that much space in Lakewood Village, and the former Java Roasting Co. space would be big enough by that example.

And Chick-fil-a in Pleasant Ridge shopping center opened today.

Now we'll get lunchtime traffic in an already busy stretch of Cantrell (too many stoplights!)

And breakfast traffic to boot (shared with Starbucks at Sam Peck Rd.)! That A.M. drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A moves mighty quick, though from my experience.

• 1 month later...

I received an email today from "The Melting Pot" stating that the company was soliciting offers for a new franchise in LR. I've never been to one, but have heard they're quite appealing.

I've been to one and enjoyed it. Not something I'd want to do a lot, but I could see it being successful, at least for a while. Not sure where the best location for it would be.

• 6 months later...

According to Arkansas Business, Dunkin Donuts are considering opening up new stores around Arkansas. Some of the possible locations are Little Rock, North Little Rock, Hot Springs, Cabot, Benton, Jacksonville and other cities. Here is an link of the article below:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=123150.54928.135288&cID=i

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Looks like we'll finally be getting a Dunkin Donuts by Steinmart in Little Rock...

http://www.healthy.a...PLUMB/80205.htm

That's the old Saigon Cuisine. I had heard they had moved out Hwy. 10 to the old Gina's location.

It's interesting that Dunkin Donuts is putting in multiple locations, whereas Krispy Kreme has stayed with their one location for years.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Arkansas Business is reporting, that Rush and Payne Harding are planning an upscale French and Italian restaurant, in the River Market. The restaurant will occupy 8,000 sq ft in Moses Tucker Real Estate's new building.

Awesome. More real restaurants downtown is a good thing in my opinion. More entertainment venues will follow if restaurants and the existing establishments continue to do well.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the AHD Plumbing Permits listing, a Longhorn Steakhouse is going in on Shackleford Road. No address number is listed. Anybody know where on Shackleford? Shackleford Crossings would be the natural place to think about a new restaurant but it already has Texas Roadhouse. Aren't they relatively similar?

Is LoneStar Steakhouse still open? I could see that place being remodeled for a new restaurant.

Not many other places on Shackleford that I could see a new restaurant going. Rodney Parham/Shackleford is pretty full. Shackleford from Markham to I-630 is pretty much a mess with the interchange construction. Shackleford/Kanis is where Dunkin Donuts and Panera are going but those seem to be on Kanis moreso than Shackleford. That leaves Shackleford Crossings.

Arkansas Business reports that a sign for a Longhorn Steakhouse went up in Rogers so they are moving into the area.

Edited by Arkanzin

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have info on the Packet House Grill that is going into the old historic house on Cantrell?

Ate there last night, among a very busy service. Beautifully remodeled interior with a bright, yet elegant feel. My dining companion, in town on business from New Orleans, was suitably and similarly impressed with both the surroundings and meal.

• 1 month later...

I understand it is replacing the (now) closed Cozymels. What a travesty...we loved Cozymels.

I wasn't a fan of Cozymels but hate to see a place like Twin Peaks, which is a Hooters knockoff, come to town. Check out their web site, who would want to take their wife or girlfriend to a "man cave". Look at the photos of their servers and consider this from the web site :

"Remember: YOU'RE THE MAN! So get up here and enjoy the scenery at Twin Peaks!" Right and that scenery is?

I wasn't a fan of Cozymels but hate to see a place like Twin Peaks, which is a Hooters knockoff, come to town. Check out their web site, who would want to take their wife or girlfriend to a "man cave". Look at the photos of their servers and consider this from the web site :

"Remember: YOU'RE THE MAN! So get up here and enjoy the scenery at Twin Peaks!" Right and that scenery is?

Hmmm, sounds like my kind of establishment! Definitely won't be taking my wife there, but it's going to be a cool spot to hang out with my friends during ball games.

Everybody to their own kick, personally I don't like chain restaurants with a manufactured theme.

Yeah 'cause Cozymel's wasn't THAT.... ??

Give me Twin Peaks any day of the week over what Cozymels had become. There's plenty of "coastal Mexicana" to be had around town. Not so much Twin Peaks....it's a solid addition.