Restaurant Development in Little Rock Metro area

• 1 month later...

Gus's Fried Chicken is comming to LR. The talk going around is that it will be opening up in the River Market. If they can bring the smell that surrounds the Front Street location in Memphis with them then save me a seat.

The rumor is that it is going to replace the former Flying Burrito/current Redbones location.

I can't remember if it has been mentioned on here or not, but Slim Chicken's (the incredibly popular chicken restaurant some have tried in Fayetteville... their locations are almost all in college towns) will be replacing the former Back Yard Burgers on Markham near UAMS. 

I wonder if they are possibly coming to the NLR Backyard Burgers location too.  There are construction dumpsters in front of the building...

I can't remember if it has been mentioned on here or not, but Slim Chicken's (the incredibly popular chicken restaurant some have tried in Fayetteville... their locations are almost all in college towns) will be replacing the former Back Yard Burgers on Markham near UAMS. 

Slim's Chicken is great Conway has had one for about 5 years now (fits the college town theory).

• 3 months later...

Lone Star Steakhouse closed it's Rodney Parham location.

We actually enjoyed that place as a Sunday lunch place after church, but apparently we were a select few.  It was a strange place...I was honestly quite shocked when they reopened it a few years ago after a fire.  It was closed for what seemed like a year or more.  That will kill mindshare in a hurry, and apparently did.

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, the waiter at Chuy's said they are breaking every record for the chain with the volume/sales of the Little Rock location.  Good start I suppose.

The On The Border a few years back was 4th in the country in sales. The guys from the Dallas home office visited several times to see what could be done at other stores to improve numbers. Chuy's opening just down the road will definitely put a damper on that.

I've been to one and enjoyed it. Not something I'd want to do a lot, but I could see it being successful, at least for a while. Not sure where the best location for it would be.

Memphis has the closest Melting Pot to Little Rock.  As for locating one here, I see it being a Chenal sort of establishment. Maybe it can go in part of the mixed-use development that will inhabit the former Crain Ford location, once the site is ready this August.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

Memphis has the closest Melting Pot to Little Rock.  As for locating one here, I see it being a Chenal sort of establishment. Maybe it can go in part of the mixed-use development that will inhabit the former Crain Ford location, once the site is ready this August.

What "mixed-use development" at the former Crain Ford location?  Did I somehow miss that?

Moses Tucker is actively soliciting for a Mexican Restaurant interested in the ground floor space at the Mann Building (formerly known as the Blass Building). Looks like they're willing to fill 3 of the available retail slots with one if a large enough restaurant is interested. I think that'll be a nice addition to that area, and with the new offices in the area and others nearby, I bet it will do a strong lunch business.

• 4 weeks later...

The Melting Pot folks have been talking about opening a Little Rock outlet for at least 10 years but nothing has come of it. They have been unable to obtain a local franchisee, and I suspect it's because their requirements are extremely stringent.

Would been great if they put it at the Promenade at Chenal or at Park Avenue near Cheddar's.

• 11 months later...