Restaurant Development in Little Rock Metro area

Melting Pot is coming to Arkansas. Allen Hurst runs a restaurant group and is relocating from Denver to Little Rock. He said his first project would be a Melting Pot opening in early 2016. No word on location yet.

http://www.restaurantnewsrelease.com/the-melting-pot-signs-franchise-agreement-to-develop-first-arkansas-restaurant-in-little-rock/8547306/

Melting Pot is coming to Arkansas. Allen Hurst runs a restaurant group and is relocating from Denver to Little Rock. He said his first project would be a Melting Pot opening in early 2016. No word on location yet.

http://www.restaurantnewsrelease.com/the-melting-pot-signs-franchise-agreement-to-develop-first-arkansas-restaurant-in-little-rock/8547306/

Thats good news!  I always love new additions to the market.  I have never been to one but my wife loves the Melting Pot.  

• 3 months later...

Pie Five Pizza will be opening a location in Benton.  Possibly a location going in at the Promenade. 

Interesting concept. 

"At Pie Five, guests can choose from more than a million combinations of personal pizzas and a variety of specialty pie choices, all for one price. They offer 4 different crusts (including gluten-free & whole grain) and have hand-made salads. They offer dessert and also serve beer at many locations. Everything is prepared fresh every day, and the entire meal will be ready in five minutes or less."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious how Pie Five can serve a meal, including pizza, in five minutes. Are the crusts frozen?

The pizza oven is set to 800 degrees in those QSR pizza concepts.  So the pizzas come out quicker.  Blaze Pizza is similar.  It's opening in Pleasant Ridge from what the plumbing permit says.  It'll be interesting to see how these do in competition with places that already have similar pizza offerings like Newks.  But they are cheaper than US Pizza, Pizza Cafe, and ZaZa's.  I wonder if the quality will be good enough to have an advantage over the local places.  

• 1 month later...

The pizza oven is set to 800 degrees in those QSR pizza concepts.  So the pizzas come out quicker.  Blaze Pizza is similar.  It's opening in Pleasant Ridge from what the plumbing permit says.  It'll be interesting to see how these do in competition with places that already have similar pizza offerings like Newks.  But they are cheaper than US Pizza, Pizza Cafe, and ZaZa's.  I wonder if the quality will be good enough to have an advantage over the local places.  

We have them here in Wichita and people seem to like them (and they're always busy) despite strong local pizza offerings nearby as well. It was explained to me as being "to pizza what 5 Guys is to burgers".

• 2 weeks later...

Where exactly will this be located?

12210 West Markham is the address for the permit.

Chick Fil A is 12500 West Markham.  Metro Wine and Spirits is 12206 West Markham.

In between the two is a parking lot for Service King, 12208 West Markham.  I guess La Madeleine will be built in front of Service King in the parking lot.

12210 West Markham.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Arkansas Business is reporting that Ruth's Chris may locate in the Cromwell Building which will become available because Cromwell is moving to its new headquarters in "East Little Rock".

Is the Cromwell Building located at 101 S. Spring?  Spring and Markham?  Great location for a Ruth's Chris but I'm not sure how the current building will work for the restaurant.  Will the Cromwell Building be demolished and a new Ruth's Chris building constructed?  Curious.  

Is the Cromwell Building located at 101 S. Spring?  Spring and Markham?  Great location for a Ruth's Chris but I'm not sure how the current building will work for the restaurant.  Will the Cromwell Building be demolished and a new Ruth's Chris building constructed?  Curious.  

I can't imagine the need to demolish and rebuild, but that is the building.  It also houses the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau.  The view here is from June of this year, courtesy of Google Street View.

CromwellBldg.jpg

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, schwilj said:

I saw the old Backyard Burgers location on Shackleford by West End that was Church's chicken for a while now says Backyard Burgers and "Opening soon"  :blink:

I guess someone is bringing BYB back to LR?

Church's is no longer there?  That didn't last long!  

So BYB in Bryant closed and is now becoming Popeye's.  Church's in WLR has(?) closed and is becoming BYB.  Interesting.

Edited by Arkanzin

I guess this could go in the River Market or Downtown threads, or even "East Little Rock until it is Renamed" but the DemGaz is reporting today that plans have been canceled by Ruth's Chris Steakhouse to locate in downtown Little Rock, purported to have located in the First Floor of the soon to be "former" Cromwell HQ.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

According to THV 11, Florida based Burger 21 is coming to Little Rock. A location has not being determined at this time. Does anybody think the Little Rock market overstaurated with burger joints?

May be since the Mooyah on Highway 10 has closed. But if it is unique it may survive.