Restaurant Development in Little Rock Metro area

19 hours ago, Architect said:

I like Lenny’s and Jimmy John’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been impressed with Lenny's.  Maybe it's because it's so hard to get in and out of its location.   And Jimmy John's?!  Oh, my!  I guess it's good if you like a bread sandwich, but the meat on the sandwich is so thin. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, Arkanzin said:

I've never been impressed with Lenny's.  Maybe it's because it's so hard to get in and out of its location.   And Jimmy John's?!  Oh, my!  I guess it's good if you like a bread sandwich, but the meat on the sandwich is so thin. 

Who cares if the meat is thin JJ's is Freaky Fast.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, Arkanzin said:

Fazoli's returns to the Little Rock Metro.  Fazoli's is located in the former Pizza Hut on Warden Drive next door to Texas Roadhouse.

George's Restaurant will open in the former Cafe Prego on Kavanaugh in Little Rock. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Fazoli's, but understand its popularity.

I also understand the George's is going to be super nice...huge renovation/addition to the original building.  I hate that Cafe Prego closed...one of our favorites, but rumor is that they may carry some of Prego's original recipes.  It will have an Italian focus (though George's seems like an odd name for that theme).

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ecity3138 said:

Did Shorty Smalls close on Rodney Paraham in LR? I drove by there the other day and notice no cars in the parking lot in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

From their Facebook page, they are relocating, after 42 years.   https://i.ibb.co/XsjHBWC/rip.jpg

They're looking for a new location in the LR metro, along with talks for a new location in Branson, MO.

Edited by bigbank10x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn’t sure where to post this exactly, but AMP is reporting a $350m development in NLR to include, among other things, a “tech-driven golf & culinary entertainment venue.” 

https://www.armoneyandpolitics.com/altis-capital-development-nlr/

No location is given, but I saw some comments about it being along the riverfront east of I-30. If I’m keeping track correctly, this is now the THIRD topgolf/topgolf-like venue announced for LR. Is it just a race at this point? I don’t see all three materializing.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, LR501 said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this exactly, but AMP is reporting a $350m development in NLR to include, among other things, a “tech-driven golf & culinary entertainment venue.” 

https://www.armoneyandpolitics.com/altis-capital-development-nlr/

No location is given, but I saw some comments about it being along the riverfront east of I-30. If I’m keeping track correctly, this is now the THIRD topgolf/topgolf-like venue announced for LR. Is it just a race at this point? I don’t see all three materializing.

Holy cow, no way all three of these happen. This project is quite ambitious, but looks like it would have the biggest impact. It would still be impressive even without the golf part. 

2 hours ago, MDC26 said:

Holy cow, no way all three of these happen. This project is quite ambitious, but looks like it would have the biggest impact. It would still be impressive even without the golf part. 

Honestly, they can omit the tech driven golf venue for this development and focused on more family fun destination such as an indoor theme park in its place. There are two proposed high tech golf range venue coming to both North Little Rock (Maly's Entertainment) and the actually Top Golf planned for Little Rock city limit. We need a true family fun entertainment center such as a dome shaped indoor theme park that featured rides, carnival games, and carnival foods such as the ones seen at the fair (ex: popcorn, corn dog, funnel cakes, pizza, etc). I prefer something like this as the main attraction rather than another trampoline based park and a third planned high tech golf venue around the metro area.

8 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Honestly, they can omit the tech driven golf venue for this development and focused on more family fun destination such as an indoor theme park in its place. There are two proposed high tech golf range venue coming to both North Little Rock (Maly's Entertainment) and the actually Top Golf planned for Little Rock city limit. We need a true family fun entertainment center such as a dome shaped indoor theme park that featured rides, carnival games, and carnival foods such as the ones seen at the fair (ex: popcorn, corn dog, funnel cakes, pizza, etc). I prefer something like this as the main attraction rather than another trampoline based park and a third planned high tech golf venue around the metro area.

7000+ jobs seems like quite a bit for a Golf venue, entertainment venue, hotel, restaurants/bars, and apartments.  They would create a lot of jobs, but I wouldn't imagine that many.  Then they've got this crazy picture of a pool suspended between two apartment buildings. 

62a0f6cf25f5e944ce96a83a_Pool.jpeg

3 hours ago, MDC26 said:

7000+ jobs seems like quite a bit for a Golf venue, entertainment venue, hotel, restaurants/bars, and apartments.  They would create a lot of jobs, but I wouldn't imagine that many.  Then they've got this crazy picture of a pool suspended between two apartment buildings. 

Yeah, it's super cool but let's just say that it all seems a bit...ambitious.  That being said, if you look at their development link and read through their "partners" on each venture, they are some legitimate players.  Clearly they've done a lot of planning.  We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, Architect said:

Yeah, it's super cool but let's just say that it all seems a bit...ambitious.  That being said, if you look at their development link and read through their "partners" on each venture, they are some legitimate players.  Clearly they've done a lot of planning.  We'll see.

Saw an article today questioning the legitimacy of this project. Same guy had plans for some $30 million project in Hot Springs and only got funding for $1,9 million and nothing ever happened. 

Also saw today LR is supposed to get a new restaurant that’s based out of Georgia  - The Slutty Vegan. 

18 minutes ago, butterytempo said:

Is this part of their “Gettin’ Slutty” tour, or are they making a permanent location in LR?

Looks like the "Gettin' Slutty" tour.  I originally just saw the "Coming to LR" part.  So, since it's a "tour", probably not a permanent location.  

• 5 months later...