[Jackson] New Retail and Multi-Story Parking Structure for Downtown

Rural King

The Jackson Sun is reporting in an article that a building that was the location of two historic dry good and grocery operations and most recently a pool hall will be redeveloped into a multi-story parking structure with retail space built in around the ground floor. The project will have 10,000 sq/ft of retail, which could be filled by either be one large tenant or 4-5 smaller tenants, along with 200 parking spaces in a three to four story structure. The current historic one-story building will have be torn down and extensive sitework done before construction can begin on the 4.5 to 5 million dollar project.

The historic multi-story G.H. Robertson building on the corner of Main Street and North Highland is not planned to be torn down due to the project, which was one of my first thoughts when I read about this project.

Downtown Jackson has been on a roll here lately with new businesses moving in and now with this new redevelopment project in the works things seem only brigher for the future of downtown. I year ago I was worried about the redelopment momentum of downtown when the proposed entertainment district was scuttled due to the inability of the developers to gain the necessary enviromental impact waivers, but over the last few months things seem to be picking up again.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived